World Cup 2006 Shirts

Frankie

I actually have a USA 94 home replica. I hated the blue ones--mainly because the blue was too light. Forgot how nice Mexico's green jerseys were that year. Nice throwback. Too bad The Swoosh can't be imaginative enough to use the Aztec look for 2006.

I think the only ones with the guts to try this are the newer or smaller names, ABA, Garcis, Atletica. Of the big three, only Puma might try something similar. I know Reebok is a big name in soccer but not as big a player for World Cup uni's.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, it's World Cup Soccer...

Just like presidential elections, we only have to deal with all the hype about nothing once every four years thank goodness...

Personally, who cares what they look like right? Soccer is not a real sport (at least not in the US) anyway...

Honestly, I'm more interested in the Diamondbacks alternate, every other Sunday, second road uniform concepts... ah baseball is right around the corner...

Officially the most ignorant poster to ever step foot on these forums.

Seconded.

Thirded (?) Soccer is hmmm......the most widely played sport the world over? And the WORLD cup actually means the WORLD competes? Oh yes, Chicago White Sox...World Champions - world champions my ass - let's see them play some teams from Japan, and then we'll see what happens. Americans have such an ego about their sports (don't get me wrong, I'm an American too, and have that ego somewhat) but there is a serious lack of tradition in some of our sports, especially a lack of loyalty. Soccer - FOOTBALL in the the rest of the world, is one of the earliest sports played internationally, and has a longer history than any American sport. Players internationally, when signing with a particular club, spend their ENTIRE career there, not for money, but for pride with playing for that club. But on the international scale, every player's dream is to win the World Cup - it's THE international event - every, and I mean, EVERY country has an opportunity to participate, and does so. So is it nothing? Look at the Ivory Coast, Angola, and Ghana, whose countries just qualified for the World Cup finals for the first time EVER - they had national celebrations for a week in those countries. The players on those teams are regarded as heroes and national treasures because of qualifying for a tournament you deem as "nothing". so let's see that happen in the United States when we qualify for something....oh yeah, we DONT. So don't slam football like that when obviously you know nothing of the game and its traditions.

Sorry for the rant, but people like that piss me off..... :evil:

OD_Signature.jpg

Just like presidential elections, we only have to deal with all the hype about nothing once every four years thank goodness...

Personally, who cares what they look like right? Soccer is not a real sport (at least not in the US) anyway...

Honestly, I'm more interested in the Diamondbacks alternate, every other Sunday, second road uniform concepts... ah baseball is right around the corner...

Seconded.

Thirded (?) Soccer is hmmm......the most widely played sport the world over? And the WORLD cup actually means the WORLD competes? Oh yes, Chicago White Sox...World Champions - world champions my ass - let's see them play some teams from Japan, and then we'll see what happens. Americans have such an ego about their sports (don't get me wrong, I'm an American too, and have that ego somewhat) but there is a serious lack of tradition in some of our sports, especially a lack of loyalty. Soccer - FOOTBALL in the the rest of the world, is one of the earliest sports played internationally, and has a longer history than any American sport. Players internationally, when signing with a particular club, spend their ENTIRE career there, not for money, but for pride with playing for that club. But on the international scale, every player's dream is to win the World Cup - it's THE international event - every, and I mean, EVERY country has an opportunity to participate, and does so. So is it nothing? Look at the Ivory Coast, Angola, and Ghana, whose countries just qualified for the World Cup finals for the first time EVER - they had national celebrations for a week in those countries. The players on those teams are regarded as heroes and national treasures because of qualifying for a tournament you deem as "nothing". so let's see that happen in the United States when we qualify for something....oh yeah, we DONT. So don't slam football like that when obviously you know nothing of the game and its traditions.

Fourthed (if that's even a word :lol: )

and "AMEN" on gordie's rant.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Players internationally, when signing with a particular club, spend their ENTIRE career there, not for money, but for pride with playing for that club.

I agree wholeheartedly with the rest of your post, but take exception to this point. While the system is different than free agency in most American sports, there is still a great deal of player movement. David Beckham, most Brazilians at some point, Alan Shearer, Eric Cantona (okay, the last two are old examples, but they popped into my head) are just a few examples. Perhaps the only major difference is that most player movement (in my limited understanding of the system anyway) is based upon player transfers between clubs (or leagues in the MLS case), which leaves less control in the hands of the players, but international footballers (*he tries futilely to sound European and hip* :P ) are hardly forever indebted to their clubs.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Seconded.

Fifthed.

And yeah, there is player movement (Rooney to Man U, Owen to Newcastle, Mercenaries to Chelski) but not at free-agency levels.

Of course, even most English people couldn't name the manager of my beloved Oxford United (they won the League Cup in 1986 you know), so not all levels have a high profile.

ok so i embellished on the player career things- but most players DO stay at one club for a long time out of loyalty - look at Ian Wright with Arsenal - he played almost his entire career there, and there is a lot of that still, not as much as there used to be, but it still exists. And the rest of my point is rock solid. Thanks for the backup, guys

OD_Signature.jpg

ok so i embellished on the player career things- but most players DO stay at one club for a long time out of loyalty - look at Ian Wright with Arsenal - he played almost his entire career there, and there is a lot of that still, not as much as there used to be, but it still exists. And the rest of my point is rock solid. Thanks for the backup, guys

I have to disagree with your White Sox point, though. Have you ever watched Japanese baseball? Do you really think the teams in Japan are better than MLB teams? I see your point about a "World Champions" title, but MLB teams have players from all over the world...much like the NHL and NBA. If the Croatian, Russian, Japanese, etc leagues were any competition, their players wouldnt leave their teams to play in the MLB, NHL, or NBA.

Seconded.

Fifthed.

And yeah, there is player movement (Rooney to Man U, Owen to Newcastle, Mercenaries to Chelski) but not at free-agency levels.

Of course, even most English people couldn't name the manager of my beloved Oxford United (they won the League Cup in 1986 you know), so not all levels have a high profile.

:blink:

I lost count....

Me also?

One phrase can summarize why some people in this country believe that soccer is worthless:

Americans believe the world revolves around them.

NEWS FLASH! It doesn't! Come Summer 2006, nobody outside of the US will give two :censored:s about Albert Pujols or Alex Rodriguez.

Americans believe the world revolves around them.

Are you suggesting it doesn't? :flagusa::upside: (sarcasm smilie) :upside: (and an extra one for good measure)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

ok so i embellished on the player career things-  but most players DO stay at one club for a long time out of loyalty - look at Ian Wright with Arsenal - he played almost his entire career there, and there is a lot of that still, not as much as there used to be, but it still exists.  And the rest of my point is rock solid.  Thanks for the backup, guys

I have to disagree with your White Sox point, though. Have you ever watched Japanese baseball? Do you really think the teams in Japan are better than MLB teams? I see your point about a "World Champions" title, but MLB teams have players from all over the world...much like the NHL and NBA. If the Croatian, Russian, Japanese, etc leagues were any competition, their players wouldnt leave their teams to play in the MLB, NHL, or NBA.

it doesn't give american sports the right to claim to be "World Champions" - it does when you win the World Cup. The NBA victors should not be the "World Champions" of basketball - and last time i checked, didn't the MLB All-Stars get whooped by the Japanese all stars?

OD_Signature.jpg

Seconded.

not in Oceania really, playing two games in 4, and in between a 21hr flight.....

but i aGREEwith eveything else you got written there, Soccer is the everythign in so many countries, look at Uraguay yesterday (hahaha) and in this country, Soccer has grown since November 16, 10:46pm when we finally qualified, the sleeping giant has awoken in our coutnry everyone says.....im not surprised, it is the most played amongst juniors in this coutnry, with the start of the A-League, football or soccer in this coutnry has grown rapidly.........Also look at Trinidad & Tobago, the whole city was dancing (or celebrating) in the streets, they are the smallest country every to win thorugh to the finals....

to go bagging the worlds biggest sport, is pretty wrong, whoever wrote that at the start, enjoy watching baseball when the World Cup is on next June/July.......i can garuntee, even being on the other side of the planet, that most people will be tuned into the FIFA World Cup....

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

not in Oceania really, playing two games in 4, and in between a 21hr flight.....

but i aGREEwith eveything else you got written there, Soccer is the everythign in so many countries, look at Uraguay yesterday (hahaha) and in this country, Soccer has grown since November 16, 10:46pm when we finally qualified, the sleeping giant has awoken in our coutnry everyone says.....im not surprised, it is the most played amongst juniors in this coutnry, with the start of the A-League, football or soccer in this coutnry has grown rapidly.........Also look at Trinidad & Tobago, the whole city was dancing (or celebrating) in the streets, they are the smallest country every to win thorugh to the finals....

to go bagging the worlds biggest sport, is pretty wrong, whoever wrote that at the start, enjoy watching baseball when the World Cup is on next June/July.......i can garuntee, even being on the other side of the planet, that most people will be tuned into the FIFA World Cup....

Sometimes it takes little things like that...

Here in the States, there was a little tremor when the team made it to Italia '90, but it kinda blew up large 4 years later when the US hosted the WC.

For years, soccer's been one of the biggest youth sports here...and now it's starting to pay off in a big way (seeing we have a pretty decent squad...I know we don't really rate with the mega powers of the sport, but we can hold our own).

All I know is...I got another team to root for in Germany this coming summer B) (well, besides the US and the Dutch)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

We got little bit off the topic, so let's go back. Here's the list of qualified teams and the jersey supplier for each team:

Angola (ANG)

Cote d'Ivoire (CIV) puma

Togo (TOG)

Ghana (GHA)

Tunisia (TUN)

Japan (JPN) adidas

Iran (IRN)

Korea Republic (KOR) nike

Saudi Arabia (KSA)

Germany (GER) adidas

Ukraine (UKR)

Netherlands (NED) nike

Poland (POL) puma

England (ENG) umbro

Croatia (CRO) nike

Italy (ITA) puma

Portugal (POR) nike

Sweden (SWE) umbro

Serbia and Montenegro (SCG) lotto

France (FRA) adidas

Switzerland (SUI) puma

Spain (ESP) adidas

Czech Republic (CZE) puma

USA (USA) nike

Mexico (MEX) nike

Costa Rica (CRC)

Trinidad and Tobago (TRI) adidas

Australia (AUS) nike

Argentina (ARG) adidas

Brazil (BRA) nike

Ecuador (ECU)

Paraguay (PAR)

Filling in some blanks:

Costa Rica - Joma

Togo - Puma (at least, I think that's what this page says)

Ghana - Umbro

Tunisia - Puma

Ukraine - Lotto

Saudia Arabia - adidas

Ecuador - Marathon

Paraguay - Puma

Others I can't make out:

Angola - wearing red in this picture, can't make out the manufacturer logo

Iran - wearing white in this picture, ditto

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Iran will deffinitly have to change for World CUp, they can't show up with Nike knock off. There is no reebok at all in national team competition, while on club scale they are big (Liverpool)

Reebok used to do some international teams like Chile and there were some others, but they focused on club teams. Even as a Liverpool fan, Reebok are not a big outfitter of club teams. In fact its held Liverpool back being associated with a brand whose marketing efforts are centred on hip-hop streetwear and their US contracts.

Rumour has it that they are getting out of football. They only have 4 clubs in England now, and although 3 are from the Northwest and close to the spiritual home of Reebok, there is strong talk that Liverpool is defecting to adidas next season, although the Reebok deal had years to run. This is apparently not related to the proposed merger, and something that had been in the works prior to that.

liverpool-1.png

Archived