World Cup 2006 Shirts

Frankie

I am most definitely not feeling the number placement. I thought the Nike number-in-a-circle looked bad, but the adidas and Puma right-chest placement has got to go. It looks like a bad 70's jersey.

And the Italy kits look bad. And I'm a big fan of the Azzuri.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching the France:Germany match on TV this weekend and thought those unis looked pretty good. I've seen that style on some of the new MLS unis for next year. I like what they added to the Japan jerseys. I'm not usually one for extra striping but it looks good. I'm surprised something like that didn't appear on one of the MLS teams. The Spain unis look different altogether. Pretty nice. I can't recall this style being used for the MLS in '06.

Now for the Italian kits. I'll reserve some judgement but at first glance they remind me of something Perry Como or Sammy Davis Jr. would wear on TV in the 60's. I'm not sure how "hip" they look on a soccer team in the 2000's.

I think if you look closely to the cut it is the same template as most of the ones for the MLS(see DC, LA, Metros etc... ) The pinstripes start inside that crazy front like the stripes on the Metros, Chivas and Rapids template they just use the all red piping to "hide" the cut.

I am most definitely not feeling the number placement. I thought the Nike number-in-a-circle looked bad, but the adidas and Puma right-chest placement has got to go. It looks like a bad 70's jersey.

I wonder if FIFA is considering having a sponsor on the kits next year. Nike's neew women's uni's have the numbers on the right side as well

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Some of the new shirts have been unveiled ahead of this weekend's WCQ and international friendlies.  I have scoured various sites to obtain these pictures:

Italy

FU1IT083.jpg

foto_primo_piano_08_large.jpg

Looks like somebody raided granddad's dresser for a cheap V-neck undershirt (with a number and a Puma logo, that is).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Hey, it's World Cup Soccer...

Just like presidential elections, we only have to deal with all the hype about nothing once every four years thank goodness...

Personally, who cares what they look like right? Soccer is not a real sport (at least not in the US) anyway...

Honestly, I'm more interested in the Diamondbacks alternate, every other Sunday, second road uniform concepts... ah baseball is right around the corner...

Do you EVER have ANYTHING remotely decent or constructive to say?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

So far, so good. Spain's unis look good. But the nightmare of Nike's generic uniforms is yet to come if it hasn't happened yet.

Oh Really?

Afb006.jpg

Afb005.jpg

Not 100% sure these are the official jerseys, but thought it would be cool to show these.

BTW First Post EVER!

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

foto_primo_piano_08_large.jpg

Looks like somebody raided granddad's dresser for a cheap V-neck undershirt (with a number and a Puma logo, that is).

EXACTLY.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

don't bag tyhe generic-crap- Nike designs, we wear em

actually atleast they got the green right:

8443_l.jpg

8436_l.jpg

the Gold one is the Main, the Green is the alternate

Gold goes with green shorts, gold socks

I don't know what the green goes with cos we havent worn it yet

When we palyed the Solomon Islands, we wore white with the green stripes thingies with white shorts and white socks, that looked ok actually.....

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

If anyone is good at making jerseys, someone come up with an idea of what YOU think the USA jerseys should look like!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I am most definitely not feeling the number placement.  I thought the Nike number-in-a-circle looked bad, but the adidas and Puma right-chest placement has got to go.  It looks like a bad 70's jersey.

And the Italy kits look bad.  And I'm a big fan of the Azzuri.

I wonder if FIFA is considering having a sponsor on the kits next year. Nike's neew women's uni's have the numbers on the right side as well

I think FIFA value their "football family" of sponsors too much to risk letting competing products be advertised on a national team jersey.

They won't even allow the playing field to be marked with a competition logo, let alone any sponsors gear.

Considering they used a standard template Nike did well with the Australian jerseys... they used the right shade of gold and something closer to the right shade of green, unlike the bluey-green adidas often used on our national team shirts, and Nike had used on their Olympic uniforms in 2000.

Although similar, you won't mistake us for Brazil but obviously they'd clash too much to be worn against one another.

The best part was actually bringing back the gold jersey as our first choice as adidas had drifted to green as the main jersey with blue :cursing: for the away kit. Made no sense at all and probably alienated supporters.

If that Netherlands shirt is the real deal, then I can't wait to see a plain gold Australian shirt with green numbers and no trim or piping.

liverpool-1.png

Afb006.jpg

Is this supposed to be USA? Looks like an update on the "Victory" jersey. And the numbers on that Holland jersey remind me of Rollerball. I hope the numbers stay but I hope the Holland kit is just a supporters shirt and not the regular kit. I'm all for throwbacks, but not "Throwbacks from an alternate reality"

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Afb006.jpg

Is this supposed to be USA? Looks like an update on the "Victory" jersey. And the numbers on that Holland jersey remind me of Rollerball. I hope the numbers stay but I hope the Holland kit is just a supporters shirt and not the regular kit. I'm all for throwbacks, but not "Throwbacks from an alternate reality"

Its a Dutch alternate strip isn't it? The badge is the same as the orange shirt and those stripes represent their flag.

And the photos of Dutch players in the background ;)

liverpool-1.png

I think the number placement craze for soccer was started, oddly enough, by the U.S. women's new Nike kits. When you look at the shirt, there are two stitched fabrics in the front and the seam runs along the bottom of the ribcage. The lower half of the shirt is a thinner mesh, which is harder to heat-seal a number on. Thus, the number is high on the chest.

I speculated earlier that this might be the start of a trend where sponsors may appear on national-team jerseys. It may happen in the next decade or so.

Anyone notice the Adidas numbers look a little like the traditional English/Irish squiggly numerals?

don't bag tyhe generic-crap- Nike designs, we wear em

we (Croatia) were them too, but I still don't like it

I guess so, just the pic was hazy so it makes it hard to distinguish the badge. Could be a club strip as well, but then I realized the flag is dark orange, white, and blue. D'oh!

Flag is not dark orange, white and blue, it's red, white and blue, the Dutch flag, and orange is a national color which has nothing to do with the flag. The story of Dutch orange color has been told already...

And stop assuming it's France, US or club kit, it is HOLLAND for sure.

Archived