World Cup 2006 Shirts

Frankie

nikejersey-centenario.gif

This, with a red stripe in the middle would make for a totally cool US jersey.

Though, I really like soccer shirts with a collar. I think that is a nice, disinctive-to-soccer type of look.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting but would need to see it in action. Something tells me that the stripe going down the middle would look weird when combined with the shorts. Especially if the shorts had the stripe pattern too.

Well the corresponding shorts to that jersey do have a stripe, but just a standard thin one down the side.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

not going to be what you see - it's the current total 90 style used by club teams this season. nike always unveils new technology and styles during world cup.

its the same kit as this jersey with stripes down the middle:

196453.YL.JPG

thats the design i was tryign to describe before

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Hey, it's World Cup Soccer...

Just like presidential elections, we only have to deal with all the hype about nothing once every four years thank goodness...

Personally, who cares what they look like right? Soccer is not a real sport (at least not in the US) anyway...

Honestly, I'm more interested in the Diamondbacks alternate, every other Sunday, second road uniform concepts... ah baseball is right around the corner...

Officially the most ignorant poster to ever step foot on these forums.

Seconded.

Thirded (?) Soccer is hmmm......the most widely played sport the world over? And the WORLD cup actually means the WORLD competes? Oh yes, Chicago White Sox...World Champions - world champions my ass - let's see them play some teams from Japan, and then we'll see what happens. Americans have such an ego about their sports (don't get me wrong, I'm an American too, and have that ego somewhat) but there is a serious lack of tradition in some of our sports, especially a lack of loyalty. Soccer - FOOTBALL in the the rest of the world, is one of the earliest sports played internationally, and has a longer history than any American sport. Players internationally, when signing with a particular club, spend their ENTIRE career there, not for money, but for pride with playing for that club. But on the international scale, every player's dream is to win the World Cup - it's THE international event - every, and I mean, EVERY country has an opportunity to participate, and does so. So is it nothing? Look at the Ivory Coast, Angola, and Ghana, whose countries just qualified for the World Cup finals for the first time EVER - they had national celebrations for a week in those countries. The players on those teams are regarded as heroes and national treasures because of qualifying for a tournament you deem as "nothing". so let's see that happen in the United States when we qualify for something....oh yeah, we DONT. So don't slam football like that when obviously you know nothing of the game and its traditions.

Sorry for the rant, but people like that piss me off..... :evil:

I agree with you, except one correction I have to make is that soccer does not have a longer history than any American sport. The earliest continuing soccer league is the EPL, which originated in 1888. The first baseball league, the National League, started in 1876. Actually, the US had the first soccer league in the world, the AFA, which started in 1884.

Not nessicarily. While it will have the 2nd color where the black is on that Arsenal jersey, they may be other features inbetween, such as a stripe down the center. May be, though it could just be plain like that.

And NYbadshah: The Premier League was started in 1992, before that it was the Football League's top division.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

I agree with you, except one correction I have to make is that soccer does not have a longer history than any American sport. The earliest continuing soccer league is the EPL, which originated in 1888. The first baseball league, the National League, started in 1876. Actually, the US had the first soccer league in the world, the AFA, which started in 1884.

Actually, the Football Association, the governing body of English football dates back to 1863 (the oldest team, Notts County, is a year older!). The EPL, as noted above, is a spin-off organization that started in 1992. The Football League, as you note, was founded in 1888. So while you're right that there is an older league in the US, the actual organization is older in England.

I admit that I'm not familiar with the AFA - can you provide more information?

Hey, it's World Cup Soccer...

Just like presidential elections, we only have to deal with all the hype about nothing once every four years thank goodness...

Personally, who cares what they look like right? Soccer is not a real sport (at least not in the US) anyway...

Honestly, I'm more interested in the Diamondbacks alternate, every other Sunday, second road uniform concepts... ah baseball is right around the corner...

Officially the most ignorant poster to ever step foot on these forums.

Seconded.

Thirded (?) Soccer is hmmm......the most widely played sport the world over? And the WORLD cup actually means the WORLD competes? Oh yes, Chicago White Sox...World Champions - world champions my ass - let's see them play some teams from Japan, and then we'll see what happens. Americans have such an ego about their sports (don't get me wrong, I'm an American too, and have that ego somewhat) but there is a serious lack of tradition in some of our sports, especially a lack of loyalty. Soccer - FOOTBALL in the the rest of the world, is one of the earliest sports played internationally, and has a longer history than any American sport. Players internationally, when signing with a particular club, spend their ENTIRE career there, not for money, but for pride with playing for that club. But on the international scale, every player's dream is to win the World Cup - it's THE international event - every, and I mean, EVERY country has an opportunity to participate, and does so. So is it nothing? Look at the Ivory Coast, Angola, and Ghana, whose countries just qualified for the World Cup finals for the first time EVER - they had national celebrations for a week in those countries. The players on those teams are regarded as heroes and national treasures because of qualifying for a tournament you deem as "nothing". so let's see that happen in the United States when we qualify for something....oh yeah, we DONT. So don't slam football like that when obviously you know nothing of the game and its traditions.

Sorry for the rant, but people like that piss me off..... :evil:

hang on, aren't most football codes based on either Soccer or Rugby and then have rules changed until they are different?

Soccer was invented in 1000's I believe and i very much doubt any modern day sport dates back that far

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Well, by that logic hitting someone's newly-severed head with a stick might qualify as baseball and it remains to be seen whether hitting someone with a stick has been around as long as kicking their freshly chopped-off head around. It's all war games, innit?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Those new England shorts remind me of adidas' shorts that came out last year. As far as the shirts, they are pretty bland compared to what they had before. And I really do not like the new number placement area. So I guess this makes it it official that the front numbers are going to the right chest and the team crest to the left side. And what's up with the numbers? I like the font, but the holes through the numbers? Bah! blatant rip off of adidas old numbers.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The red version they have currently and wore in Euro2004 is much nicer. A few things bother me about this shirt. I really hate those numbers. Those dots on the number ruin it for me. Also, the number below the manufacturer's label seems out of place (although it seems like for this World Cup, every manufacturer is placing their number on the upper right corner).

Juventus.png

• 3 weeks later...

They look like soccer shirts.

Which is a unique idea.

Not since the late 1970's have soccer shirts actually looked like soccer shirts.

I think they look fantastic.

There's no self patterns, no crazy striping, no gradients and therefore, no vomitting from me.

If this is them I am surprised, and pleased.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Wow... those Nike shirts almost look like real football shirts... what's going on? Nothing "futuristic" or "Revolutionary" about them!! :D

liverpool-1.png

Archived