World Cup 2006 Shirts

Frankie

don't bag tyhe generic-crap- Nike designs, we wear em

we (Croatia) were them too, but I still don't like it

I guess so, just the pic was hazy so it makes it hard to distinguish the badge. Could be a club strip as well, but then I realized the flag is dark orange, white, and blue. D'oh!

Flag is not dark orange, white and blue, it's red, white and blue, the Dutch flag, and orange is a national color which has nothing to do with the flag. The story of Dutch orange color has been told already...

And stop assuming it's France, US or club kit, it is HOLLAND for sure.

The guy in the picture is Marco Van Basten , one of HOLLANDS great players...

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, here's some more info on the Holland kits. The home shirt is inspired by the 1956 home one, while the away kit is inspired by the 1906 away one. I think that the away is pretty cool but The Home one could be better

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

Hey, here's some more info on the Holland kits. The home shirt is inspired by the 1956 home one, while the away kit is inspired by the 1906 away one. I think that the away is pretty cool but The Home one could be better

IF the US uses an inspired by design, it should be their 1994 uni's, those were beautiful, especially compared to the current kits

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

IF the US uses an inspired by design, it should be their 1994 uni's, those were beautiful, especially compared to the current kits

I agree. I'd change the denim, on the away jersey, to a solid blue, though.

Most people hated them, but I thought the were unique and iconic.

Recently, our jerseys look too much like England, and the above Nike kit looks like France.

Here's the home version, maybe tweak the collar and sleeve striping:

db_usa_home_1994_18-10-05.jpg

Here's away:

T040920A.jpg

Hey, it's World Cup Soccer...

Just like presidential elections, we only have to deal with all the hype about nothing once every four years thank goodness...

Personally, who cares what they look like right? Soccer is not a real sport (at least not in the US) anyway...

Honestly, I'm more interested in the Diamondbacks alternate, every other Sunday, second road uniform concepts... ah baseball is right around the corner...

Officially the most ignorant poster to ever step foot on these forums.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

Just like presidential elections, we only have to deal with all the hype about nothing once every four years thank goodness...

Personally, who cares what they look like right? Soccer is not a real sport (at least not in the US) anyway...

Honestly, I'm more interested in the Diamondbacks alternate, every other Sunday, second road uniform concepts... ah baseball is right around the corner...

Is that a category in the Creamies (see VitaminD's thread in Concepts)? Maybe a lifetime achievement award is in order.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I agree. I'd change the denim, on the away jersey, to a solid blue, though.

I'd like to keep the denim, just a darker shade. But if it's a solid blue, that would work as well. I just think these were the best soccer jerseys ever made. As far as our new stuff looking like England, I guess it would technically be England's homes look like ours, though other then the color set I didn't really view them as look alikes.I just hope that Nike hired at least a 13 year old to design these. :rolleyes:

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Wow, those things Italy is wearing are an abomination.

Argentina needs to dial it back a bit - cut out the bells and whistles and let the stripes be the focal point.

Spain is always one of the very best looking teams in the WC. Got to love the colors.

I am most definitely not feeling the number placement.  I thought the Nike number-in-a-circle looked bad, but the adidas and Puma right-chest placement has got to go.  It looks like a bad 70's jersey.

And the Italy kits look bad.  And I'm a big fan of the Azzuri.

I wonder if FIFA is considering having a sponsor on the kits next year. Nike's neew women's uni's have the numbers on the right side as well

I think FIFA value their "football family" of sponsors too much to risk letting competing products be advertised on a national team jersey.

They won't even allow the playing field to be marked with a competition logo, let alone any sponsors gear.

Considering they used a standard template Nike did well with the Australian jerseys... they used the right shade of gold and something closer to the right shade of green, unlike the bluey-green adidas often used on our national team shirts, and Nike had used on their Olympic uniforms in 2000.

Although similar, you won't mistake us for Brazil but obviously they'd clash too much to be worn against one another.

The best part was actually bringing back the gold jersey as our first choice as adidas had drifted to green as the main jersey with blue :cursing: for the away kit. Made no sense at all and probably alienated supporters.

If that Netherlands shirt is the real deal, then I can't wait to see a plain gold Australian shirt with green numbers and no trim or piping.

a plain gold shirt would be awesome, i also think that they should go to the white desing for away cos i dont think Green shirt and gold shorts will look good but hey the gold is perfect, brazil has blue shorts so we dont get confused, although we'll probably go to green, or do they have as blue or white design? anyway, what the chance of us actually playing them?

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I love the Aztec shout out, but it always reminds me of Alien.

Hello, Holland? Nederlander voetbal? It's Orange. Deep orange. Not tangerine or creamsicle. Ask the Mets or Islanders or Knicks. Where do you think they got the color from?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

I think this thread brings up a great point in design that, while understood, is not often stated: what looks great in some sports can be disastrous in others.

Take, for example, the '94 World Cup unis. Mexico's and USA's threads ruled all. Dear God, especially Mexico. Take that same dye sublimation and apply it to, say, the Atlanta Hawks' gradients, the Mighty Ducks' Wild Wing 3rds, or the Blues' mercifully unreleased first attempt at an alternate and, well, you're torn as to whether to reach for the puke smiley or the pistol.

And, of course, pinstripes = baseball only. Shame we all had to learn that one the hard way.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And, of course, pinstripes = baseball only.  Shame we all had to learn that one the hard way.

Agree on all points but this one. Pinstripes can also look sharp on a soccer jersey. I have worn a few myself -- the favorite being green with white pinstripes.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I actually have a USA 94 home replica. I hated the blue ones--mainly because the blue was too light. Forgot how nice Mexico's green jerseys were that year. Nice throwback. Too bad The Swoosh can't be imaginative enough to use the Aztec look for 2006.

Lakers Dodgers Angels Kings Dolphins Galaxy Liverpool FC UC Santa Barbara USC Trojans UNLV Rebels

Seconded.

Archived