World Cup 2006 Shirts

Frankie

Just a brief review of the Nike kits....

Mexico -- LOVE the sublimated Aztec designs in the stripe in the middle. Also, I like the nod to the past with a number font that mimics what they used for the 1970 WC logo (and 68 Olympics).

South Korea -- Clean...pretty much what you'd expect from a classic kit. Number font is kinda funky, but it actually does work with this.

Brazil -- WOW! :shocked: Pele would feel right at home in these. Classic look for Brasil, as they should have

Portugal -- Very nice...LOVING the change strip (all black)...the number font is pretty cool too (kinda looks like the ones from 2002 with a bit of a twist)

Holland -- OMFG! The primary kit is just :censored: CLASSIC....the white strip is pretty nice too (less emphasis on the orange and more on the red/blue of the national flag)...Oranje bouwen indeed! B)

USA -- Sweet...the blue kit looks great. Heck, even the white one looks good...and I like the added touch of a bit of gold around the shield. Hell, I don't even mind the red/blue stripe down the front of the sock on the white kit.

And yes...Nike's using unique number fonts for all the teams....VERY nice touch.

In conclusion...I LOVE what I see out of Team Swoosh. Now, I'm kinda amped to see what they do for Croatia and Australia as well.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something else they are doing is adding a special touch to each team's uni's. Bazil has a tag at the bottom hem of their jerseys that says "born to play football", Mexico has the Aztecs in the striping. Not sure what all the other sides have though. I think the U.S. and Portugal have the best looking numbers. I'd really like to see if Nike makes each team's numbers available to it's club teams and the general public.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Nike is now officially back in my favor.

Which makes me even more bummed that Trinidad & Tobago (where my family is from) signed with Adidas this year. From what I've seen so far, I prefer the worst Nike kit to the best Adidas kit.

I'll be buying a kit regardless (the Soca Warriors aren't exactly World Cup regulars), but it's a shame that it'll likely be an eyesore.

I actually remember watching a US game where they were wearing the carolina blues (though I don't remember who they played against).  glad to see the style resurface B)

Mexico, 1995 -- the game where Alexi had his nads kneed.

might've been, though the game I remember was either in 96 or 97.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Bresciano_striplaunch.jpg

Australia's new kit. Classic green and gold for the first strip, obsidian blue with gold cuffs for the away strip.

Arrrrrgh I thought we'd finally ditched the blue away kits when Nike replaced adidas :cursing:

The home kit looks class, but if it was truly modelled after 1974 as Nike claim it'd have a green collar, or at least green trim around the collar. But of course Brazil got a green collar, so we had to have something different on ours.

I'm wondering if the Australian numbers are the same as the Brazilian ones... they do appear similar, but I think they're slightly different.

liverpool-1.png

Not sure if it was here that I read it but the Portugese fans aren't happy because they've got red shorts.

Just like the Barca fans weren't happy with red shorts.... what is the obsession at Nike with red shorts that aren't traditional?

liverpool-1.png

Arrrrrgh I thought we'd finally ditched the blue away kits when Nike replaced adidas :cursing:

I don't mind a blue away strip. The colours (blue and gold) have historical meaning so there's nothing really wrong with it so long as the design isn't horrible.

If I looked good in soccer jerseys Id actually consider buying one.

I'd rock the US and Portugal (in tribute to the motherland) kits, but I just don't know how to rock a soccer jersey :wacko:

here comes croatia. From the photo it looks like the back is plain white which I don't like, and I don't like the checkerds stripe on the road shirt to stop for the logo...

The plain back is probably due to FIFA requiring that numbers be placed on a plain area, (no stripes checks, slashes, etc). Though I would have made space just for the numbers and nameplate rather than leave the whole back empty. As for the aways, they look nice, but I would have stuck to the design of the last kit.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived