World Cup 2006 Shirts

Frankie

I cant wait till the fakes are on ebay. I hate Nike even more than I hate rip-off jerseys.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at thge game. The funny thing is most people complained that the shorts were getting too long, but Guatamala's shorts were just as long as the US's. I really wish they were selling these at the game. They were still selling last year's uni's at full price. What a joke

Watching the game on TV, i didn't think the shorts were too long. I thought they were strangely baggy, kinda like the shorts you see in old soccer pictures from the 20s and 30s. That's what I thought of, anyway.

I cant wait till the fakes are on ebay. I hate Nike even more than I hate rip-off jerseys.

well they are now available. But they are so obviously fake it's not worth trying to say they are even replicas. Most use the same badge that the old uni's had. So not only do they not have the gold outline, they are way smaller than the actual new jerseys

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

some of the thoughts I've had on the world cup kits:

-Nike did an AWESOME job on these. Nice to see clean designs again after the years of Cool Motion ('02 world cup) and the Total 90 range (I threw up a little *and* died a little bit inside the first time I saw the Total 90 jerseys in action in the spring of '04). reading more about it, it's nice that they're doing the different stuff for the five big teams...

...however, the more I think about it and look at it, it looks to have as much differentiation regarding the 'template' as the older stuff did (the only similarities I can see are in the Brazil and Australia jerseys, they seem to have a few similar touches on the sleeves); however, nobody's picking up on it because it's not as garish as ten teams having the T90 'shield' front. Addition through subtraction is definitely working well.

looking at the 'leaked' dummy Arsenal jersey that I have a picture of...it could definitely be coming off of this template. the piping (especially on the shoulders) goes the same places if you compare it to the big pics posted a page or so back. Arsenal get special treatment, but not that special ;) that said, I can't wait for the full batch of new club kits to come out of this style. I almost wish they'd keep this jersey style around for four or five years too.

-adidas are faaaaaaaar too busy on their national kits. too much striping. too many colors fading in and out. I'm afraid to see what the clubs come up with; and I'm not a fan of the numbers up there, either.

-Puma just had to do something unique, didn't they? They couldn't outfit all their teams with UniQTs, so they *had* to dig up the feted corpse that is sublimation. Somebody should tell them that this is World Cup '06, not '94....I'm sorry, but *I* don't have too many good memories of those jerseys, and looking back at early '90s soccer pictures is almost embarrassing.

you know who I'm sad isn't supplying the Azzurri anymore? Kappa. I'm a fan of their simple, all-businesses yet oh-so-stylish jerseys. Glad that Nike's pulling that weight now, but still, I miss the old Korea/Japan Italian jerseys. look on the bright side: maybe they karmically earned it by putting the "Kappa" wordmark on the chest of their kits this year, instead of their logo?

favorite kit so far: US Away. I want one. Badly.

harperdc.gif

AUS play Bahrain in the early hours of tomorrow morning in Bahrain, and i believe we will be wearing our new strips....probably Blue seeing it is an away game but i prefer the green and gold

Bahrain wears red as their primaries so maybe we will see the gold and green kits instead.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'd buy the Arsenal shirt if it was made of elephant feces, but the supposed one for next year is beautiful. Beautiful. I might have to get four or five.

I refused to buy the Total 90 shirt - ugly.

I'll definitely buy one or two of the new ones, if the leaked version is correct. I'll buy a blank and a TH14.

I just bought a DB10 long sleeve redcurrant - my first hero shirt. Champions League, because I like that numbering so much more than the Premier League numbering. Wonder if they'll keep the C/L-specific numbering with the new design?

Wonder if they'll keep the C/L-specific numbering with the new design?

Well I think it'll probably be Premeirship numbers unless Nike or Arsenal or Man U decide on a specific number style. I like the US or Portugal numbers for Man U and Arsenal over the other styles.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

AUS play Bahrain in the early hours of tomorrow morning in Bahrain, and i believe we will be wearing our new strips....probably Blue seeing it is an away game but i prefer the green and gold

Bahrain wears red as their primaries so maybe we will see the gold and green kits instead.

Green and Gold we wore....and beat Bar(ckk)rain 3-1!

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

A few updates:

Trinidad & Tobago's kits will be on display in a friendly vs. Iceland tomorrow. As far as I can tell, this will be the official unveiling (they really should have a bit more pomp and circumstance associated with it, rather than just trotting it out like that).

I found the story here

I also found Ecuador's new kit online:

ecuador_home_0607_kits.jpg

As well as a pic of Ukraine's new kit:

ukrainejersey_01.jpg

A few updates:

Trinidad & Tobago's kits will be on display in a friendly vs. Iceland tomorrow. As far as I can tell, this will be the official unveiling (they really should have a bit more pomp and circumstance associated with it, rather than just trotting it out like that).

I found the story here

I also found Ecuador's new kit online:

ecuador_home_0607_kits.jpg

As well as a pic of Ukraine's new kit:

ukrainejersey_01.jpg

I don't think that's keepers shirt, all of them have number 9 on it...

well #9 is the soccer version of a generic #12 on football jerseys. But I agree with you. I think this is a third shirt and not a keepers outfit. Just look at the shorts

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Looks like Nike had some left over rejected swift hockey socks for the soccer team to use.

Eh, nothing stands out as the best on here. But coming from San Jose I have to do this to this picture.

73_316130_06Donovan.jpg

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

More than anything, the numbers on most of these jerseys SUCK!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived