AFL new team in KC name is....

WEIRDWOLF

From Kansascity.com

KC?s arena football team will be called the Brigade

Here comes the charge of the Kansas City Brigade.

Officials for Kansas City?s entry in the Arena Football League have called a news conference for this afternoon at Kemper Arena and will announce Brigade as the franchise?s nickname and unveil the club?s logo and colors of blue, silver and black.

The Kansas City franchise, which is an expansion club in the 18-team league, conducted a name-the-team contest, and Brigade was selected among thousands submitted. The winner of the contest is expected to be identified today.

The other final candidates for the nickname were Bombers, Cyclones, Thunder and Strike.

The club will open the season with road games Jan. 29 at Dallas and Feb. 3 at Orlando before playing its home opener Sunday, Feb. 12, against Austin at Kemper Arena, where the team plans to play for two seasons before moving into the Sprint Center in 2008.

The club?s eight regular-season games include five Sunday dates, two Saturday nights and one Monday night, March 13, against Philadelphia, which is owned, in part, by entertainer Jon Bon Jovi and former NFL quarterback Ron Jaworksi.

The Kansas City club originally was stocked with 15 players from the New Orleans Voodoo, which will not operate this season because of hurricane damage to its arena.

Since then, the club has filled out its roster with free agents.

The Brigade, coached by former Chiefs safety Kevin Porter, will be led by quarterback Andy Kelly, who threw a league-high 96 touchdowns last season and ranks second in league history with 717 career touchdown passes

Jaworski, who finished his NFL career with the Chiefs, believes the arena league will succeed in Kansas City.

?With the way the people in Kansas City embrace football, I know it will be a huge success,? Jaworski said.

Single-game tickets begin at $9 each for upper-level, end-zone seats and $18 for upper level middle sections; up to $110 for the front row. For season-ticket information, call (913) 248-6250 or (816) 931-3330. Individual game tickets will go on sale in another week.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I cant make logos on here because i never learned how or how to make a cool sign like everyone else but I was thinking maybe the logo is similar to the Columbus Blue Jackets...aka Civil War era Bridage. But that is just what I think so who knows it is a great mystery

P.S. IF someone is willing to teach me how to make logos or a cool sign i am all ears :devil:

I know I cant make logos on here because i never learned how or how to make a cool sign like everyone else but I was thinking maybe the logo is similar to the Columbus Blue Jackets...aka Civil War era Bridage. But that is just what I think so who knows it is a great mystery

P.S. IF someone is willing to teach me how to make logos or a cool sign i am all ears  :devil:

Find my UCLA lowercase logo thread (I'm almost positive that is the right one) from about 3-4 weeks ago (in Sports Logos). Gothamite provided very good instructions to me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

That's the logo, no joke.

Dear God, are you sure it isn't already April 1st? That is horrible. Who thinks of the stealth bomber when they hear the word "Brigade"?

I was hoping for a western army circa 1880 concept. The Civil War idea that NJMojorising just posted is also good, though I think western is more suitable for KC.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

PAFKXCNYHXTKFIZ.20051121160310.jpg

EZ Street - Please, announce that you're really a woman (or robot)after all and just get this April Fool's Joke over with.

Please?

EDIT - From the announcement: The logo represents a stealth bomber flying overhead, symbolizing the AFL?s on-field theme: high octane, fast and powerful offense.

ME: But a Stealth Bomber is QUIET and flies under the radar!!

OK, they got the second half right (RE: AFL), unfortunately.

It's where I sit.

EZ Street - Please, announce that you're really a woman (or robot)after all and just get this April Fool's Joke over with.

Please?

EDIT - From the announcement: The logo represents a stealth bomber flying overhead, symbolizing the AFL?s on-field theme: high octane, fast and powerful offense.

ME: But a Stealth Bomber is QUIET and flies under the radar!!

OK, they got the second half right (RE: AFL), unfortunately.

thank you aloto mister roboto..

This is horrible.

3teamsigANIM.gif

Well, that's absolutely terrible. it's nothing more than a lame knock-off of the Wichita Stealth logo.

What's more, the logo has absolutely nothing to do with the team's name. Stealth bombers don't fly in brigades. In fact, to the best of my knowledge, the organizational structure of the United States Air Force doesn't include brigades. There are commands, numbered air forces, wings, groups, squadrons and flights... but no brigades.

Bottom line? It's a piss-poor identity package.

If the Wichita Stealth and the Richmond Speed came back from the dead and had a kid, I think it'd look a lot like this.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

NO! Why don't people just sit down and think? Okay, we have the name, what about the logo? A stealth bomber? No. That's ridiculous. I clicked on this near the end of 4th hour and the guy behind me said, "Oh, the Wichita Stealth?" Seriously. I like the colors, but why not just make it the Bombers? I think I'm going to work on a concept for them just for fun.

What in the world? I agree, they should have been called the bombers. But perhpas when you consider the state of affairs in the US, with terrorism and all, Bombers may not be the best name for a new team. :therock:

Yes, you have a point with the name. Like you said, just keep the logo consistent with the name that was chosen.

I'm working on a concept right now.

This is horrible.

Coming from the city that the Night Train hailed from, I refuse to accept you as a judge of anything, as bad as this logo is.

Just because you hate it, I will go on record as saying I love it. Even though I don't.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived