Kentuckiana Fashion

DG_ThenNowForever

The local weekly reviewed the uniforms of the major programs in the Kentucky/Indiana "region."

Link

From the article:

Changing uniforms is rarely a good thing for the Wildcats. Pitino may have returned UK to prominence in the mid-'90s, but they looked like hell doing it.

Can anyone either post a picture of the mid-90s UK uniforms, or point me in the direction of one? I remember them being particularly gaudy (as was the rule in the mid-90s), but I can't remember what they look like.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

There are two things this column ignores: (1) "Cream" isn't the light color IU uses, and (2) the "crimson" used to be much lighter than it is now.

Indiana University - Bloomington lists Crimson and Cream as its official colors, even though the light color is visually white, more or less.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Indiana University - Bloomington lists Crimson and Cream as its official colors, even though the light color is visually white, more or less.

what happened to the red and black jerseys indiana had a few years back with IU in an oval on the helmet?

now they look like a rip off of oklahoma.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

what happened to the red and black jerseys indiana had a few years back with IU in an oval on the helmet?

A new AD named Michael McNeely came in and noted that there is no mention of "black" in the term "Cream & Crimson". The IU in the circle along with black trim was being used by a few sports (football and soccer most notably) while the standard interlocking IU and red and white only were used by the other sports. McNeely scrapped the black, darkened the red and introduced a new interlocking IU logo to be used by all sports. McNeely lasted about a year and a half and "resigned" after driving the Athletic Department deep into debt.

A new AD named Michael McNeely came in and noted that there is no mention of "black" in the term "Cream & Crimson". The IU in the circle along with black trim was being used by a few sports (football and soccer most notably) while the standard interlocking IU and red and white only were used by the other sports. McNeely scrapped the black, darkened the red and introduced a new interlocking IU logo to be used by all sports. McNeely lasted about a year and a half and "resigned" after driving the Athletic Department deep into debt.

I was a student at IU during the McNeely debacle. He had never been an AD before and it showed. But I will give him credit for standardizing the colors/logo across all sports. Before that the basketball, football and soccer teams were all wearing different stuff.

If I remember correctly, McNeely paid like $600k to have the colors/logo redone. Basically what happened is the colors were corrected to the real school colors of crimson and cream and the logo (the interlocking IU) lost the 80's drop shadow and was given a more retro look. We all kind of laughed thinking, "that's all they did for all that money!?"

I will say that the new logo/colors/uniforms are very sharp, and I haven't heard anyone say otherwise. I've updated all my IU merch to the current look. The only good thing about the IU oval is that Antwaan Randle El wore it.

It mentions in the article (on the link) "For it is the jackasses at Nike, Adidas and Reebok who are sending our teams into battle in the most ridiculous and ostentatious uniforms ever"

Someone help me here...Im not sure if it was in the 80's or 90's...but does anyone remember an epidemic of HORRIBLE college basketball uniforms? I mean these looked like someone simply spilled paint on them...they were all over and none of them made any semetrical sense. Anyone remember what Im talking about?

It mentions in the article (on the link) "For it is the jackasses at Nike, Adidas and Reebok who are sending our teams into battle in the most ridiculous and ostentatious uniforms ever"

Someone help me here...Im not sure if it was in the 80's or 90's...but does anyone remember an epidemic of HORRIBLE college basketball uniforms? I mean these looked like someone simply spilled paint on them...they were all over and none of them made any semetrical sense. Anyone remember what Im talking about?

Well, the pictures above are pretty atrocious. But look at Indiana in the second shot. The schools that don't change their uniforms will always look better over time. Let's hear it for the Hoosiers, the Yankees, the Packers, the Crimson Tide...

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived