Thornton a Shark

dwertman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have mixed feelings about this. Sturm has the speed to become a major threat in the NHL. One of the most consistant players in SJ. Wayne Primeau has stepped it up with 8 goals this season, including two, one of which was a thrilling shorthanded goal vs. Detroit. Brad Stuart was once the megastar defenseman for this team, in fact finishing 2nd in Calder voting to Scott Gomez in 1999-2000. Sadly, he is a different person since he has sucker punch cheap shotted by Columbus' Jody Shelley in 2002-03 and has decreased his defensive skills.

You don't have to pretend to be upset about the loss of Wayne Primeau, Mr. Humility.

I am saddened because he had some decent wheels and come on talk about gutsy... vs. the Coyotes he takes a puck right to the face, blood coming from out his nostrals, and above his nose, and still has the time to grip and rip a slapper from the point to beat Cujo? I mean shoot, he gave it all, I just hope Joe will do the same.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Holy crap ... I've been so out of it b/c of work the past day or so that I didn't even hear about this until just now.

I don't know how to feel ... both Stuart and Sturm are on my XHL team ... I have tickets for the Oilers-Boston game Saturday, and now I'm kinda disappointed I won't get to see Thornton live.

Holy crap ... I've been so out of it b/c of work the past day or so that I didn't even hear about this until just now.

I don't know how to feel ... both Stuart and Sturm are on my XHL team ... I have tickets for the Oilers-Boston game Saturday, and now I'm kinda disappointed I won't get to see Thornton live.

I had tickets to that game but, sadly, had to give them up. Next time I'm in EDM, though, I'll give you a heads up.

WOW! Great start for Sturm and Stuart on their new team.

Half way through the 2nd and Sturm has a goal and an assist while Stuart has an assist.

Not to mention Primeau drawing the penalty that led to the second PP goal.

After reading all the negative things on the Bruins side said about this trade, and all today talking to people, I realize I'm just about the only person who likes this trade eh? Has a huge Bruins fan, I have to say, I love this trade. Not only because they just shutout the best team in the NHL. But because this makes them a faster, and more better off team. With more weapons, not just one really big weapon. I like this trade.

less then a minute into the game Joe Thornton rings a heater off the post.

after the Sharks get the first goal, he then sets up Jonathan Cheechoo for a goal. So Joe Thornton has his first point as a Shark with an assist on Cheechoo's goal.

(and as I type this Milan Michalek buries a chance created by a Sabres giveaway.)

EDIT: make that 2 assists. he set up Cheechoo again for a goal in the second peroid. so make that 2 pts in his Sharks debut

Archived