Players for World Baseball Classic announced!

Gamingboy

This thing is such a joke! Piazza and Catalanotto on Italy? Anyway It'll still be fun to watch and root on Canada. :flagcanada:

They are following Olympic rules. A person who can get any form of citizenship at that country CAN PLAY for that country. It's the same in the Olympics.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

This thing is such a joke! Piazza and Catalanotto on Italy? Anyway It'll still be fun to watch and root on Canada. :flagcanada:

They are following Olympic rules. A person who can get any form of citizenship at that country CAN PLAY for that country. It's the same in the Olympics.

It still is ridiculous. How can a guy who was born and grew up in Pennsylvania play for Italy. Has he even ever been to Italy? This is a joke!

It still is ridiculous. How can a guy who was born and grew up in Pennsylvania play for Italy. Has he even ever been to Italy? This is a joke!

Don't think of it so much as Piazza and Catalanotto playing for Italy. Think of it more as Piazza and Catalanotto playing against the United States.

This I believe is conclusive proof that the terrorists have won.

I don't give a damn about the politics, or if washed up catchers, shortstops, and utilitymen of Italian descent play against the US. Hell, I don't even give a damn if Michael Barrett is our catcher (I have an autographed Barrett #5 Expos jersey, so I'm one of the 3 people that actually know who the fluff he is), all I've gotta say is:

U-S-A!!

U-S-A!!

U-S-A!!

U-S-A!!

:flagusa::unclesam::smileyusa:

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

they dont have the roster up for Japan yet. Strange.

I hope they plan on selling WBC merchandise. Id love to get a Bonds USA jersey and even a Vizquel Venezuela jersey.

They're gonna make bank selling WBC gear. I'd buy a Team USA jersey. There are no Diamondbacks on the list, but my championship FLB team features Teixeira, MYoung, Buehrle, Ryan, Sheets & Varitek. I dig it.

I like how A-Rod isn't listed on a country.

He can play for either U.S. for um....Dominican? Somwhere. And Scutaro can play for either Italy or I think Mexico. I can't remember, but it's something like that.

Team USA could use some Jimmer(Edmonds) :D

Don't think of it so much as Piazza and Catalanotto playing for Italy. Think of it more as Piazza and Catalanotto playing against the United States.

This I believe is conclusive proof that the terrorists have won.

Um, if you think Piazza playing for a team other than America is anything but a victory for the U.S., then perhaps you are the terrorist, sir.

I'm still wondering what TV coverage is going to be. I remember hearing a rumor that it was going to be shown on Disney owned networks (ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN Classic, and the finals on ABC).

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Archived