Team Canada Uniforms

beesharps

Since unveiling the new Team Canada uniforms in August, they've already made a change to the socks. As seen on TSN during the photo shoot for the recently announced 2006 World Junior squad, one coule see that the stripes on the socks are now a traditional horizontal, almost matching the same pattern as the vertical stripes on the jerseys, again with a Team Canada logo in the middle. Can't yet find a picture of the new socks, but here's one of the old :

new_jersey05.jpg

Now if only they would change the rest of the uniform back to something decent...

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, when your national team laughs your new designs off the ice and refuses to wear them for a photo op warm up, that's usually a pretty good sign that some tweaking is in order.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What was so damn bad about our last design? I loved the classic look, and the red alternate is one of my all time favorite uniforms. I'll never understand why they chose this design, but whoever did should be taken out back and have his ass kicked.

Man, they look like speed skating shuits, not hockey uniforms

Let us remember that this design was to originally display Canada's gold medals in some fashion, and that the USA abomination was going to feature miniscule excerpts of The Star-Spangled Banner in random areas. WTFs all around.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If MasterCard included Nike uniform designers in their Peyton Manning series of ads ("Here we go insurance adjusters, here were go"), we'd probably see Peyton booing and maybe throwing snowballs and bottles at these guys on their way to work.

only if Peyton was a member of the CCSLC...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Those old socks make him look like he's wearing shin guards.

Message to Canada: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Shin guards is exactly right.

Those arm stripes make me nuts they way they start and stop in the middle of the arms. Think how much better they could look if they were like the Bruins jerseys and started at the wrist cuffs and went totally up and over the shoulders and back down to the other wrist. You could have a white space break to allow for the sleeve numbers though.

I hope some of the World Juniors makes it onto the NHL Center Ice TV package in the US like is has in the past so I can see exactly what they end up looking like in action.

I love it when players revolt against revolting jerseys!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Those arm stripes make me nuts they way they start and stop in the middle of the arms. Think how much better they could look if they were like the Bruins jerseys and started at the wrist cuffs and went totally up and over the shoulders and back down to the other wrist. You could have a white space break to allow for the sleeve numbers though.

I hope some of the World Juniors makes it onto the NHL Center Ice TV package in the US like is has in the past so I can see exactly what they end up looking like in action.

JeffB

canada_womens_jersey_big.jpg

Is this what you guys were aiming for? :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

JeffB

Now that is a close fitting jersey.

Actually, that jersey looks better than what they're currently planning to use, and not just because it's on a woman mannequin. Make it the correct cut, throw on some numbers, and it wouldn't be too bad.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Well, kinda. Take away the girly cut to the body, the boobs and any hints of shiny material and you'd be headed in the right direction.

I'd still continue the white stipes up and over the shoulders. Like I said before, just re-color the Bruins jerseys to red & white and you'd be better off.

Maybe not. Why couldn't they just stick with what they had if they couldn't come up with anything better?

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

OK, time to put my vision where my mouth is.

Here's what I think they could do to clean up this idea.

Canada-Vert.jpg

Here's what I think they could do to make it even better, by switching the vertical side stripes to a horizontal stripe.

Canada-Horiz.jpg

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Both of these are definitely better than what they currently have. I agree that the second one is better--the vertical stripes make me think of the long sleeve t-shirts I worn to play roller hockey. I guess the vertical stripes just don't say professional-level ice hockey to me.

Now if only we could somehow get the US to make some changes--maybe we can protest at the X on Monday when all the USA Hockey brass are in town to announce the Olympic team: http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/news/m..._menoly_120105/. Otherwise, it would have to come down to a player revolt. I don't know why Nike designed these new sets when both Canada and the USA had perfectly good sets (in the US's case, both the '02 and '05 sets were good).

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Yes spyboy you hit the spot cus those are 10 times better than they have now. They both look good i dont know what one to pick. I just cant stand the ones they have know and hopefuly update it to what spyboy has.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived