Team Canada Uniforms

beesharps

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the numbers on womens Canadas jerseys are different from the mens. But we will find out tomarrow i think it is when the men play.

Nope, weds at 7 am ET is when they play. I'll be watching it, and skipping a lecture to do so.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I gotta say like the font the women have. I'm not really a big fan of the font that the men have or had to begin with, I don't see what was wrong with the SJSharks numbers they had going. The only thing is in the pic with the black jersey, they need a red layer under the white, to give it an outline and pop it out a bit. The one color number doesnt do it for me. In my mind im debating getting a Rick Nash jersey in red or black, black was the favourite but the men have these new numbers and a black jersey without a red outline, it would make me go with the red one that much more. Just my two cents.

Edit...I did find this online even later tonight, a bunch of team canada mens jerseys numbered in the same font as the women have been wearing. The come from CoolHockey on ebay, who is a partner of the NHL (yeah, I know the NHL isnt the IIHF, but I would assume one of thier right hand guys to have the new info). The big picture of the girls is a circle helped to compare numbers. Again, l like this new font, but upon looking at it some more, I wish the 1 had more of a traditional shape with the line at the top as compared to the l shape it has.

Sakic

Brodeur Black

Thornton Red

SEAsig.png

Edit...I did find this online even later tonight, a bunch of team canada mens jerseys numbered in the same font as the women have been wearing.  The come from CoolHockey on ebay, who is a partner of the NHL (yeah, I know the NHL isnt the IIHF, but I would assume one of thier right hand guys to have the new info).  The big picture of the girls is a circle helped to compare numbers.  Again, l like this new font, but upon looking at it some more, I wish the 1 had more of a traditional shape with the line at the top as compared to the l shape it has.

Sakic

coincidentally, today my wife gave me a Sakic Olympic jersey from jersey city (http://www.jerseycity.ca/productList/1016730/1000462).

I don't have the jersey in front of me, but the numbers in the ebay link sure seem to match with what I got.

I was watching the game today vs italy, and yes the mens numbers are the same as the women they have changed again lol.

And now my local Sports Experts has a bunch of pre-made Team Canada jerseys with the previous numbers... they should be discounted.

Man the cookie cutter template for jerseys to be almost all the same is freakin' stupid.

Not only are they cookie cutter template jerseys, but theyreally look like a 6th grade cut and paste uniform, numbers from here, a little scrap material from there, the occasional use of tin foil on the front of the neck hole. I swear they gave the idea for these uniforms to some 6 year old and brought them to the suits who thought they were "cute" and that they should go with them to encourage kids to follow their dreams. These uniforms belong on Super Models on a runway in Paris never to see the light of day for those of us normal people! Sorry needed to vent.

Maybe if only one team used the template used by ALL the counties I wouldn't mind it so much, but when you look on the ice and it all looks the same, I die alittle inside.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

does anyone know what font the nameplate is in?

The font for the nameplate looks like one I have called "Alternate Gothic 2"

JeffB

do you know a free font site where i could download it?

That's always the next question, isn't it? Sorry I didn't answer it up front, but no, I don't know where you can get that for free.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

While I was shopping last weekend, I got my first look at the Canada & USA jerseys in person. They both had the new font IIHF patches on them, which was notable for replica jerseys. Only authentics came with the IIHF patch for the previous styles.

Then today I notice, they aren't wearing the IIHF patch on the ice during the Olympics! That was unexpected, and kinda odd and not very consistant either. I wonder what's up with that?

Go Switzerland! Go Sweden! Go any other non-Swift wearing teams!

While Sweden in wearing their same jerseys from the 2005 World Championships, I was surprised to see that Switzerland's jerseys have actually changed from then.

Instead of a repeat of the main "Suisse" crest on the shoulders, they now have the large Swiss flag added to the shoulders, which look great, especially on the white ones where there some contrast when compared to the red on red of the dark jerseys. The men haven't worn the whites yet, but I did see the women wear them when they played the US earlier.

I hope they stick with them for the World Championships so I have a chance to get one from their online store.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived