Team Canada Uniforms

beesharps

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but those vertical arm stripes are ugly. IMHO the only time arm stripes should be vertical is when the player is laying flat on the ice after a good check.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

• 1 month later...

oly_full.56165391tl014_ice_hockey_ru.jpg

These are REALLY growing on me...and just because my future wife (who doesn't know it yet) is in this pic means nothing!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

These are REALLY growing on me...and just because my future wife (who doesn't know it yet) is in this pic means nothing!

Hey! She's mine!

:hockeysmiley:

Too bad, I called dibs, and when you call dibs, as "My Name Is Earl" clearly shows, you can't get around it, and shes mine. ^_^ You can have Danielle Goyette if you'd like though.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hey! She's mine!

Too bad, I called dibs, and when you call dibs, as "My Name Is Earl" clearly shows, you can't get around it, and shes mine. ^_^ You can have Danielle Goyette if you'd like though.

Damn, if Earl says it, it must be true. I guess I can settle for Danielle..... :D

Hey! She's mine!

Damn, if Earl says it, it must be true. I guess I can settle for Danielle..... :D

And now my sig says it for all to see. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

And now my sig says it for all to see.  ^_^

and today's her birthday.... what did you get for her neon?

Its for us to know, and you to find out when the video leaks out onto the internet. Lets just say I played a big part in her scoring her hat trick today. :) Because you know, I helped from all the way here in Peterborough and when she doesnt even know who I am, but I'll find a way to meet her, oh I'll find a way. Windsor isnt that far out of the way. :)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

My two bits on this.

Note that other teams besides Canada and USA have been wearing the Swifts -- Italy, Switzerland, Russia, Germany.

Also note that the Canada and USA women's numerals look exactly like the men's soccer jerseys of recent vintage

onyewu_borgetti.jpg

At the world juniors, the USA jerseys have the number font of the Arizona football team, while Canada's is that slightly Old West font shown earlier in this thread. But one thing the men have that the women don't is the Nike swoosh between the nameplate and the number.

My two bits on this.

Note that other teams besides Canada and USA have been wearing the Swifts -- Italy, Switzerland, Russia, Germany.

Also note that the Canada and USA women's numerals look exactly like the men's soccer jerseys of recent vintage

onyewu_borgetti.jpg

At the world juniors, the USA jerseys have the number font of the Arizona football team, while Canada's is that slightly Old West font shown earlier in this thread. But one thing the men have that the women don't is the Nike swoosh between the nameplate and the number.

Almost all...

IIRC, Switzerland wore their older ones for that first game vs. the US..means they probably didn't get the new "Swift" jerseys...

The others have.

And to be honest, they're kinda growing on me...the only thing that really drives me crazy about these new jerseys are the vertical stripes on the front of the socks...at least Canada got it right by getting the traditional stripes.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

does anyone know what font the nameplate is in?

The font for the nameplate looks like one I have called "Alternate Gothic 2"

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived