Next Year's NFL Matchups Announced

KennyRock

Haven't seen it mentioned, so here it is. And yes, if you know how the NFL schedule is setup, you knew this already, but I'd figure I'd post it anyway.

I'm going to leave out the three home and three away games each team has, since that never changes. Here's the rest of the overall schedule:

Conference Matchups(Each team in the division plays four games(two home, two away) against unique opponents in the other division.)

AFC East plays AFC South.

AFC West plays AFC North.

NFC East plays NFC South.

NFC West plays NFC North.

Inter-Conference Matchups(Each team in the division plays four games(two home, two away) against unique opponents in the other division.)

AFC East plays NFC North.

AFC North plays NFC South.

AFC South plays NFC East.

AFC West plays NFC West.

And of course, the extra two inter-conference games that matchup the first place team in each division with the first-place team in the other two divsions they're not playing. For example, the AFC North Champion Bengals draw the AFC West champ Broncos by virtue of the intra-conference play, but they'll also play the Colts and Patriots cause of this rule.

You can view the individual team-by-team opponents here.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

The balance and symmetry of how the NFL is set up schedule-wise is a strong argument against expanding or contracting and forever maintaining 32 teams.

Also, Eagle fans who bemoaned the lack of good road trips in 2005 should take note of the non-divisional road games for 2006.

New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Houston, Indianapolis, San Francisco

While it remains to be seen whether or not New Orleans is either a> the site where the Saints will be playing home games in '06 or b> a viable place for vacation time/road tripping, depending on the time of year those road games are scheduled, you could see Eagles Nation decending on the warm weather climates of Tampa and Houston. San Francisco is just a fun city to visit even with crap weather. Indianapolis might be the least attractive of the non-divisional road trips.

The other anomaly I noticed is that the Packers have to come to Philadelphia for the third consecutive season in '06.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Carolina: We need to redeem ourselves...Seriously.

New Orleans: Hopefully for their sakes back in the Superdome

Tampa Bay: I absolutely hate that place.

Philadelphia: We're gonna be Public Enemy #2 with a bullet (behind T.O.) for that game.

Washington: Ain't been here in a while...interesting

Baltimore: See Washington

Cincinnati: Chad Johnson vs. Our secondary as is: Scary

Detroit: YAY! BACK TO THANKSGIVING BABY YEAH!!!

Let's see who I can embrass next season...

There's the roadies at Chicago and Detroit (1 involves amare while the other is a personal blood battle between me [loyal Seahawks fan] and my younger brother [loyal Lions fan].

Green Bay (possibly without Farve) and Minnesota (Without Tice and maybe Culpepper) come up. I'm certain there's Fudge-Packer and ViQueen fans out there too.

Then, they go to Tampa Bay, where the weather is nice. That and nothing is better then to see the Yuckaneers.

So it will be the Bills or the Dolphins on Thanksgiving. My guess it will be the Dolphins versus the Lions.

And the Colts for the 3rd year in a row have to go to New England for the regualr season.

I think the Broncos may as well move to the AFC East, I think the Patriots have played them 9 out of the last 10 years or something.

Interestingly enough, I believe the Patriots travel only once outside the time zone at Minnesota (though I'm not sure about Tennessee or Green Bay).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

So it will be the Bills or the Dolphins on Thanksgiving. My guess it will be the Dolphins versus the Lions.

And the Colts for the 3rd year in a row have to go to New England for the regualr season.

I think the Broncos may as well move to the AFC East, I think the Patriots have played them 9 out of the last 10 years or something.

Interestingly enough, I believe the Patriots travel only once outside the time zone at Minnesota (though I'm not sure about Tennessee or Green Bay).

Tennessee, Green Bay, and Minnesota are all in the Central Time Zone. Wow not much for road games for the Pats this year. and AGAIN with the Colts showing up in Foxboro. maybe this time it'll be in like December and we'll have white-out conditions and poor Peyton will falter due playing in the elements which is true football. stupid domes

Ain't happening. It's the AFC's turn to have a team in Detroit on Thanksgiving.

If you say so

Click Me!

I'm not denying that the Falcons won't be playing in Detroit in 2006. However, CBS and Fox rotate the Thanksgiving Day games. CBS had the Dallas game this season, so they'll have the Detroit game next season. As someone said before, either Buffalo or Miami will be playing on Thanksgiving Day at Detroit.

I would guess that the two games next year on Thanksgiving would be Miami @ Detroit and Philly @ Dallas.

Ain't happening. It's the AFC's turn to have a team in Detroit on Thanksgiving.

If you say so

Click Me!

I'm not denying that the Falcons won't be playing in Detroit in 2006. However, CBS and Fox rotate the Thanksgiving Day games. CBS had the Dallas game this season, so they'll have the Detroit game next season. As someone said before, either Buffalo or Miami will be playing on Thanksgiving Day at Detroit.

I would guess that the two games next year on Thanksgiving would be Miami @ Detroit and Philly @ Dallas.

Oh. My bad. But still, there's a W right there.

I think the Saints may be the only team who has yet to face the Texans...despite being the closest to each other. Maybe one the extra ones will be them, it's just driving me nuts.

The Saints played the Texans is 2003, and they will play them in 2007 in Houston.

Archived