Indianapolis Blackbirds - Cotlzfan101's UAFL Team

Jigga

Bash? You said it's a hate free zone.

Anyway, I find this very innovative in the sense it's about an Army plane (Is it really called the Blackbird, though?) then the traditional animal.

I also love the alternate helmet. They have to wear those when they come to Omaha :P

This is a well done design...the plane itself is very sleek and the colors as well as the uniforms all work well together. If there were any complaints I would say probably nix the circle around the jet...make it more mobile...add some speed to it...also the "B" looks nice but I don't think the wings fit in with the design of the plane...i would go with something a bit edgier (if that's a word it's probably spelled wrong :D) anyway...overall a great design especially as Seadragon said using the jet instead of and actual bird!!! Great Job!

CIDesignSig.png

Hey greg, good job! I really like the design of these and they are quite innovative! Great job!

Just one suggestion. It is kind of hard to make out with the details on the plane in the main logo. I'm not sure how you could make them standout better, or if you want them to stand out at all.

Overall, like the other 2 just said, solid concept and I enjoy it a lot!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Lookin sharp. I think it would look more complete if the green was more prominent. Even if the main parts of the number were green I think it would break up some of the monotony in the body.

(sorry, I'm just not a huge fan of monocromatic uniforms where black is the principal colour)

All I see is dark, dude. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of contrast in there anywhere, but then again, my monitor isn't all that :censored:-hot to begin with.

I'm not seeing a lot of detail on the helmets, either....maybe try an extra, lighter accent color somewhere, or brighten up the green just a bit. A smidge. A touch. Something.

ALso, one the helmet facing left....the B with the wing facing towards the front looks awkward. Flip that wing to the other side, young fella. Then you'll have a little sumpin sumpin.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'd fill in the space between the R and the D in the wordmark just because it's such a small hole right now. I like this package. The B alternate doesn't seem real consistant with the rest of it...why actual "bird" wings as opposed to "plane" wings? And even if you keep the wavy wings, line them up with the top and bottom so that there is no notch between the top of the wings and the top of the B. The camo Alts are...unique. And is that a stealth bomber that I see in the US Air Force Arena? If it is, that's very cool, but it needs to be more symetrical and consistant with the actual design of the stealth bomber. If it isn't, then turn it into a stealth bomber :P

I don't like how the B logo has the wings backwards on the alt helmet. Maybe do a one sided helmet like Pittsburgh? Or maybe change the alternate logo B so that it has wings coming out of both sides.

Glad to see an Indianapolis fantasy package. I just don't like how everybody seems to make them either army themed or racing themed. Is my city really that boring that there aren't any better mascots available?

Just incase anyone didnt know, thought i would help out and say that its the SR-71 Blackbird, I believe retired stealth jet. One of my favorite planes, There really cool when you get close to them(Boeing Flight Museum) Nice job on the concept. Id agree with the legibility issure, and the camo stripes are cool.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Sorry for the book, but thanks for the C&C, it is, as always much appreciated. I'm suprised no one questioned my sanity for making this for Coltzfan101 :P

I don't how much I will do since he is happy with it, but in terms of cleaning it up for portfolio purposes, I'll definately take some of these suggestions to heart.

Anyway, I was going for a "badge" look with the primary, like some military units have. I don't think the circle is the best choice, so I might try the badge shape the Thrashers use.

As for the secondary, I went through three iterations. The first was a football bomb, but since the SR-71 was a bomber, I scrapped that idea. The second was a circle (like the one in the primary) with a star in the middle with those wings on both sides of the circle. I scrapped it because it looked a bit too much like the primary, but maybe I'll bring it back if I do the badge thing with the plane. I think it may "fly" a bit better than the winged B on the helmet, but we'll see.

In terms of the unis, the monochromes were just secondary ideas. The true "alt" needed to have a military feel, but I didn't want an all green look, maybe I'll reverse the green and gold and see how that looks. I didn't use the green as much because it's actually the third color in the set (think neon green in the Seahawks package). Black is the primary team color (hence the black jerseys and pants) and gold is the secondary team color. Sorry about the legibility issues. I tried a lighter green, but it looked like :censored:. I also tried olive green, but it was too close to the gold. And with the name Blackbirds, I'm kind of married to using Black heavily :D.

By the way: Lamicus, I'm not a young fella. Actually in this community, I'm middle aged at 27. I'm just a late bloomer when it comes to this design stuff.

Again, thanks for the suggestions guys, and I will put many of them to use in the coming week or two (I just moved, so I don't have a great deal of time). Feel free to check back periodically, though as I will be updating this thing. :D

(Oh, and by hate free zone, I meant that I'm not going to hate on anyone that says anything that isn't glowing about my stuff...lol. I'm just a hack anyway.)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Glad to see an Indianapolis fantasy package. I just don't like how everybody seems to make them either army themed or racing themed. Is my city really that boring that there aren't any better mascots available?

Dude wanted that name based on the SR-71 Blackbird plane...I gotta give the people what they want, dog. :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It's an innovative direction to go with the nickname, alas I think the plane look was the only way to go, and it was executed rather nicely. I love the striping on the alt, it's miltary without being overbearingly so.

The only thing is that the "B" looks kinda dark and blobby. It may be the screen I'm looking at it on, but I had to get about two inches from the screen to notice that there were two little green dots in there to indicate a "B".

Very nice, Greg.

philly.png

By the way: Lamicus, I'm not a young fella. Actually in this community, I'm middle aged at 27. I'm just a late bloomer when it comes to this design stuff.

Yes, but I'm gonna be 36, so to me, just about everyone here is a young fella.

However, as an icon in the black community, I shouldn't take such a condescending tone to you. So please, accept my gift to you of Ecko and Fubu as my way of apology.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Awesome, awesome concept Greg. I usually hate this sorta colour scheme, but you pulled it off with an awesome look. I love the alternate, I big change from all the black in the jersey's. Out of the two helmets, I actually prefer the alt, it looks more like a helmet logo. The primary helmet reminds me of the Steelers, it looks nice too, I just don't like it as much for a helmet logo.

Jigga - I'm liking this. Very clean, very smart.

Two things, though:

1. Green alt would be nice, but I am not the first to suggest that.

2. Thin out the numbers a little bit. They look a little bit compressed vertically. You used fairly thin numbers (1 and 7), and even they fill most of the space across the torso. Would #88 even fit?

Beyond that, nice work young man (but I'm 30, so I say it tongue-in-cheek).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived