Is it a crime to finish a degree?

SEMOSTLfan

Well he could do what he wants to do the smart thing to do would be to turn pro and cash in, you never know what can happen next year he can get hurt he can struggle and he can fall in teh draft raitings he will never be higher then he is now.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Did someone say he is getting a Liberal Arts Degree? Why should he stay in school and get a useless degree. He should have taken advantage of his free education and got something useful, especially since he will never make it as a pro quarterback. Don?t get me wrong he is a great athlete, but have you all heard of Cordell Stewart, Akili Smith (spelling), etc?.

Good luck Bro!

Speaking as someone who is currently working on getting a Liberal Arts degree...

You can go fluff yourself. :evil::angered:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Did someone say he is getting a Liberal Arts Degree? Why should he stay in school and get a useless degree. He should have taken advantage of his free education and got something useful, especially since he will never make it as a pro quarterback. Don?t get me wrong he is a great athlete, but have you all heard of Cordell Stewart, Akili Smith (spelling), etc?.

Good luck Bro!

Ever heard of Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, Dante Culpepper, Steve McNair?

IUe6Hvh.png

Did someone say he is getting a Liberal Arts Degree? Why should he stay in school and get a useless degree.

And you would have a degree in what?

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

There is really no reason for VY to risk injury in the college ranks.  He'll definitely go top five, so there is no pressing need to stay in college at this point.  He can finish his coursework either during or after his pro career.

He has a lot to risk staying in college.  His degree can wait, his football career can't.

That's all fine and good until he has a career ending injury in his first or second year or he's a draft bust and never takes off in the pro's and is left with nothing to fall back on. Sometimes I think people just need to look at the bigger picture.

He'll be getting guarenteed millions of dollars up front, plus money from possible endorsement deals. I think he can live comfortably on a few million dollars, and find time to finish his degree in the process......

After what he did, I don't think Vince Young would have any trouble going back and getting his degree. Even if he piddled away his $20M signing bonus and flopped in the NFL, I'm sure UT would welcome him back and allow him to finish. And I'd bet that while finishing, he didn't pick up a tab in any Austin restaurant. He cemented his immortality this week, and he'll be fine. Hell - before he blows all that dough he could endow the Vince Young Scholarship for People Named Vince Young, then nominate himself for it if he doesn't cut it in the pros.

Or, since I do adhere to the school of thought that college can be the best 4 years of your life, and that you should be able to be young and have fun before going off to your job (even if your job is playing a game), he could do what Leinart did and take out an insurance policy on himself. If he has a catastrophic injury while in college, he'd be covered. And he'd have his degree. Next year could be his last year to just be another kid in college, albeit a supremely gifted one. Why not enjoy your last year of not being a full-blown adult and be a college senior? Full adulthood can wait, he can insure himself now and be ready for the '07 draft.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived