Giants Endzone

wOOgiE

I noticed that, too. I am upset they didnt paint the endzone blue and outline GIANTS in red, like they did when they had grass around 2000. C'mon! It's the playoffs and you aren't going to have to paint JETS onto the field for 7 more months.

ouch that was cold

I noticed that, too. I am upset they didnt paint the endzone blue and outline GIANTS in red, like they did when they had grass around 2000. C'mon! It's the playoffs and you aren't going to have to paint JETS onto the field for 7 more months.

They had all that paint back then to cover up the non-grass back then. Probably leftover from the NFL PLayoffs logo and NFL logo.

It looks like at Giants Stadium, they have the word Giants outlined in blue in the endzone not the usuall all white. I think this looks a little bit better.

They can probably do a fancier job now with the Giants' wordmark because they don't have to wash it off and re-paint the Jets' wordmark every other week.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I noticed that, too.  I am upset they didnt paint the endzone blue and outline GIANTS in red, like they did when they had grass around 2000.  C'mon! It's the playoffs and you aren't going to have to paint JETS onto the field for 7 more months.

They had all that paint back then to cover up the non-grass back then. Probably leftover from the NFL PLayoffs logo and NFL logo.

No. Back when they had grass, the endzone was painted blue for the Giants, and green for the Jets. Unless they just put New York in the endzone and changed the colors, that was the only way they could do it. That probably wouldn't look good because both teams use different fonts.

With the FieldTurf or whatever crap they use now, they are able to strip the writing from the field, or paint over it, after every game, so the endzone can be "grass" colored.

I loved colored endzones. I am a big Bears fan, and I am hoping they come out next week with the endzone painted blue (I know it wont happen, though).

I have been wondering for a while if the endzones will be completely colored for the Superbowl. They always have been, but this is the first Superbowl played on FieldTurf. The Lions dont paint the endzone (except for their name). Normally, the only teams who have colored endzones on FieldTurf have the endzone design painted on permanentaly, along with the yardlines (like the Bengals and Seahawks). All other teams, to my knowledge, paint on very thin looking letters over a plain endzone (Lions, Saints, Vikings, Falcons. I hope they are painted and looking nice for the Superbowl.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It looks like at Giants Stadium, they have the word Giants outlined in blue in the endzone not the usuall all white.  I think this looks a little bit better.

They can probably do a fancier job now with the Giants' wordmark because they don't have to wash it off and re-paint the Jets' wordmark every other week.

If the they keep this up, they wont be painting GIANTS in the endzone for the next 7 months either.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I noticed that, too.  I am upset they didnt paint the endzone blue and outline GIANTS in red, like they did when they had grass around 2000.  C'mon! It's the playoffs and you aren't going to have to paint JETS onto the field for 7 more months.

No. Back when they had grass, the endzone was painted blue for the Giants, and green for the Jets. Unless they just put New York in the endzone and changed the colors, that was the only way they could do it. That probably wouldn't look good because both teams use different fonts.

With the FieldTurf or whatever crap they use now, they are able to strip the writing from the field, or paint over it, after every game, so the endzone can be "grass" colored.

I loved colored endzones. I am a big Bears fan, and I am hoping they come out next week with the endzone painted blue (I know it wont happen, though).

I have been wondering for a while if the endzones will be completely colored for the Superbowl. They always have been, but this is the first Superbowl played on FieldTurf. The Lions dont paint the endzone (except for their name). Normally, the only teams who have colored endzones on FieldTurf have the endzone design painted on permanentaly, along with the yardlines (like the Bengals and Seahawks). All other teams, to my knowledge, paint on very thin looking letters over a plain endzone (Lions, Saints, Vikings, Falcons. I hope they are painted and looking nice for the Superbowl.

Don't forget the Colts have colored endzones on FieldTurf. Blue with Colts and Indianapolis like past seasons on the AstroTurf.

Don't forget the Colts have colored endzones on FieldTurf. Blue with Colts and Indianapolis like past seasons on the AstroTurf.

Yes. I believe the Colts' endzones are permanent, also. The endzones that are permanent look much better and brighter. The other FieldTurf endzones look like they put a very thin coating of paint on. The Lions' field always looks like crap. The lion at midfield it at about 50% opacity. You can see the yardlines behind it.

Hopefully you will not be able to see the yardlines behind the Superbowl logo. They need to lay the paint on thick.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes, Im from Michigan; and the Lions field does always look bad. Its a plain, boring design to begin with. The lion in the middle and the endzones only reading 'LIONS' instead of Detroit. Then the Motor City Bowl comes in, and the field looks real complex with mention of 'GM' 'FORD' and "Chrisler' in each endzone. The Superbowl generates far more cash, and it is the last event in Ford Field for a while, so both endzones should be filled in, feature the respective teams names, and maybe even there conference affiliation with a large AFC or NFC logo if history is a predictor. But I wouldnt put much stock on anything to happen correctly in Detroit.

I have to agree that the teams who have the colored field turf make the fields look great. I remeber when the ravens put in their feild turf, I think they have the best looking field in all of the NFL, its so crisp and sharp, but the down side is when they hold events like the college lacrosse final four, you have to find a way to cover that up. And I dont think the Seahawks have blue field turf, as I was at Quest Feild for a MLL game and pretty sure the endzones weren't blue. The could be changable, but I dont know for sure.

SEAsig.png

I don't mean to entirely hijack the thread, but I have to hand it to the Georgia Dome folks...Last Sunday, the Falcons got destroyed by the Panthers and the field was decked out in Falcons logos...the following day, they had the Sugar Bowl, and it was very hard to notice any sign of a Falcons game from the day before. The logos and endzones were done very well.

I'd assume they would color in the endzones for the Super Bowl in Detroit.

And finally, it would have been sweet if the Giants' endzones were blue with red letters like in the old astroturf days. At least I think the letters were red...?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And finally, it would have been sweet if the Giants' endzones were blue with red letters like in the old astroturf days. At least I think the letters were red...?

Red with white outline.

4-6097.jpg

Ah, those were the days. You know, when they'd WIN a home playoff game. :cursing:

njd.gifnym.gifpats3gr8.jpg

Yes. I believe the Colts' endzones are permanent, also. The endzones that are permanent look much better and brighter. The other FieldTurf endzones look like they put a very thin coating of paint on. The Lions' field always looks like crap. The lion at midfield it at about 50% opacity. You can see the yardlines behind it.

Hopefully you will not be able to see the yardlines behind the Superbowl logo. They need to lay the paint on thick.

I guess that explains why the Rams' midfield and endzones didn't look very nice this year. The Field Turf they put in at the Ed was only for this season. Because the Edward Jones Dome doubles as convention space (the dome is attached to a large convention center), they need something that can be quickly removed for access to electrical outlets underneath. So it stands to reason that they only put a light coat of paint on, so it could be easily removed before they resell the current Field Turf.

Fred

Archived