Bengals going with an alterrnate all black look

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't think the Bengals look as bad as the popular consensus is on this board. I'm wearing my black #85 Chad Johnson jersey now and I think it looks really good despite the ugly white sidestripe, the one flaw with the jerseys that I'll agree to.

I still don't think the Bengals look as bad as the popular consensus is on this board. I'm wearing my black #85 Chad Johnson jersey now and I think it looks really good despite the ugly white sidestripe, the one flaw with the jerseys that I'll agree to.

Outside the White stripe the black jersey is fine. My problem is with the white and orange jerseys where they have orange stripes on black which is wrong. Tigers are orange with black stripes and so is the helmet the team wears. The need to fix the sleeves on those 2 jerseys and drop the white stripes on all of them. Then they would be fine.

Outside the White stripe the black jersey is fine. My problem is with the white and orange jerseys where they have orange stripes on black which is wrong. Tigers are orange with black stripes and so is the helmet the team wears. The need to fix the sleeves on those 2 jerseys and drop the white stripes on all of them. Then they would be fine.

This is a good point. I, too, never really liked the white jersey, but that has more to do with the dropdown nameplate. Any team that has those needs to change. They're ugly.

My mother, who has never heard of the Cincinnati Bengals nor seen their jerseys, walked into the living room while my dad and I had the game on. I quote our conversation exactly.

Mom: Who are those guys?

Me: Cincinnati. The Bengals.

Mom: They're a real team?

Me: Yep.

Mom: Professionals?

Mom: Those are adults?

Me: Yep. Terrible jerseys, huh?

Mom: Horrible.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Well, I guess they got what they deserved.

I don't think they deserved Palmer getting hurt on like the sixth play from scrimmage. That's what really killed them this game. If I was a Bengals fan, I'd be flat out pissed for that bad luck.

I certainly don't think Carson Palmer deserved to tear his ACL -- that's just terrible. However, for wearing all-black alternate uniforms in the playoffs, they did deserve to lose the game.

Ugly teams don't win championships.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I certainly don't think Carson Palmer deserved to tear his ACL -- that's just terrible. However, for wearing all-black alternate uniforms in the playoffs, they did deserve to lose the game.

Ugly teams don't win championships.

Ha, well, they could have gone all out and worn the oranges with the black pants.

That would have been really bad.

Are teams even allowed to wear alternate color jerseys in the playoffs anyway? I'm not talking about different pant combinations...could the Bengals have worn their oranges today if they had wanted to? Something is telling me that there's a rule against that...

My mother, who has never heard of the Cincinnati Bengals nor seen their jerseys, walked into the living room while my dad and I had the game on. I quote our conversation exactly.

Mom: Who are those guys?

Me: Cincinnati. The Bengals.

Mom: They're a real team?

Mom: Professionals?

Mom: Those are adults?

Me: Yep. Terrible jerseys, huh?

Mom: Horrible.

I'm guessing your mom doesn't follow football all that much...they've been around long enough that you'd figure your average american has at least seen their helmet once or twice.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived