Bryant drops 81 on Raptors

officeglenn

Kobe Bryant dropped 81 points in a 122-104 win vs. Toronto tonight, the second highest total in NBA history to Wilt Chamberlain's 100.

I don't know which I'm more amazed with, the fact that Bryant scored so many points, or that the Raps let a 15- or 16-point lead get away from them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know which I'm more amazed with, the fact that Bryant scored so many points, or that the Raps let a 15- or 16-point lead get away from them.

Umm...If it were me, I would be more amazed at the former rather than the latter :D

81. Holy crap. That's impressive...of course, the other six or seven guys that played with him only scored 41 points combined, which is rather humorous. The Lakers aren't a team anymore...they're just a collection with one really good player, one mediocre player, and a bunch of junk.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Β 

81. Holy crap. That's impressive...of course, the other six or seven guys that played with him only scored 41 points combined, which is rather humorous. The Lakers aren't a team anymore...they're just a collection with one really good player, one mediocre player, and a bunch of junk.

Yeah ... 81 points was almost a full two-thirds of the "team"?s total tonight.

Looking at the official stats, Kobe played 41:56, attempted 46 shots, and 20 free throws.

That's just simply amazing, when you think about it logically. He attempted more than one shot per minute, plus had the chance to go the line at least 10 times.

And if he continued this play for a full 48 minutes, he would have scored damn near 100.

Β 

Eaxactly double team him he wont pass it, and hes easy to find hes the only Laker playing. The otehrs are just running for the excerise

Exactly.

How many assists did he have?

How many assists did Chamberlain have when he scored 100?

The answer to both questions: Who cares??

Β 

Eaxactly double team him he wont pass it, and hes easy to find hes the only Laker playing. The otehrs are just running for the excerise

Exactly.

Kobe's line on the night:

41 minutes played

28/46 field goals (.609)

7/13 3-pointers (.538)

18/20 free throws (.900)

6 rebounds

2 assists

3 turnovers

3 steals

1 block

1 personal foul

81 points

:blink:

Exactly.

How many assits did Chamberlain have when he scored 100?

The answer: Who cares??

I dunno, but it matters. Chamberlain was a true great, perhaps the greatest player who ever played the game (and yes, I include Jordan). Bryant's nothing more than a ball hog.

Big difference.

nav-logo.png

Exactly.

41 minutes played

28/46 field goals (.609)

7/13 3-pointers (.538)

18/20 free throws (.900)

6 rebounds

2 assists

3 turnovers

3 steals

1 block

1 personal foul

81 points

Wow. Real team player there...

nav-logo.png

Be it noted that he took 46 shots and the rest of the team took 42. (As an aside, he took 20 of the team's 33 foul shots and took 13 of the team's 23 shots).

No player is that good that he should be taking over half the team's shots.

LvZYtbZ.png

Exactly.

41 minutes played

28/46 field goals (.609)

7/13 3-pointers (.538)

18/20 free throws (.900)

6 rebounds

2 assists

3 turnovers

3 steals

1 block

1 personal foul

81 points

Wow. Real team player there...

And the Zen Master thinks he's doing him a favor by letting him get accustomed to playing Selfishball? Greeeeaaaaaaaattt.

metslogo_215.gif

Silly things, those individual accomplishments in a team game. The media seems to forget that there is no I in team.

There is an "I" in win, though. :P

At the end of the day, if I'm a coach and my "team" has overcome a 16-point defecit and wins by 18, I really don't care if my superstar player who scored two-thirds of the points is hogging the ball. I'd rather have him shoot if he's playing that well.

Β 

No player is that good that he should be taking over half the team's shots.

I'm glad you're not my coach.

Let's see...the rest of the team went 14-for-42 (.333). That's terrible basketball.

Kobe shot over 50% on FG's (including over 65% inside the arc), and 90% on FT's. Who would you want shooting the ball? 9 or 10 crappy guys who can't shoot worth a damn, or a guy who is on fire?

Β 

Doesn't it seem like for Kobe to be a team player, that he kinda has to have a team around him? Dr. Buss needs to figure out that Kobe can't bail them out every night, and needs a decent supporting cast so he can actually pass the ball to someone who can do something with it.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived