My Super Bowl logo

buckeyecal

I like this. There are some real creative elements in there.

However, I think it there is a little too much "Buccaneers" in there and not enough "Tampa/St. Pete." Super Bowl logos tend to reflect the local area more so than the local team.

Did you really copyright that?

Any original artwork he creates is automatically copyrighted from the moment it's made until 70 years after he dies. You're allowed to place a © or a TM next to anything as a "warning" to any who may attempt steal it; however, you must register it to be able to place an ® next to it, and it definitely helps to register something if you want to win your potential legal battle against a logo thief. You can place a © or TM next to anything, but unless it's registered, there's no documentation or legal record of its creation.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like it, do something for every team (make the Roman Numerals up.)

NO, NO, NO!!

This is asking for problems. We don't need to see the same logo design, done 32 times over, with the only difference being changes in the accent colors to match the "host team".

For one, 80-90% of NFL teams will NEVER host a Super Bowl. We don't need a Super Bowl XLXVI: Green Bay, Wisconsin concept. And if we did need it, we can deduce it - green and gold, with three gray pirate ships across the top. Because pirates are appropriate for Green Bay, right... <_<

For two, each Super Bowl logo is designed to reflect the host city, not the team that plays in that city. And some cities that host games don't have a pro team - Pasadena, Palo Alto, Los Angeles for three, and if Vegas gets a Super Bowl, there's a 4th. So the design breaks down.

For three, it's repetitive and requires minimal creativity. People don't want to see the same idea 32 times. Just like they don't want to see recolorizations - "Wouldn't it be kewl to see what the 76ers looked like in Eagles, Flyers and Phillies colors? Yeah... then we'll do the St. Louis Cardinals in Blues colors." It gets old fast.

For four, bombarding the boards with an individual thread for each variation on a theme knocks other unique concepts off the 1st page. Most people don't go back 5 pages to evaluate and critique every new concept that's posted. You're robbing people who do original, unique work the chance to have their efforts evaluated by their peers.

Was the original idea unique? Sure. How was it? Very average - creative and fitting for a Tampa Super Bowl, but not all that well rendered and very dark. Is it the kind of thing that we need to see 31 more times? No :censored: way. :evil::evil::evil:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Good concept.

The two things that I would change is that overall it is too dark. there needs to be some type of outine to break up all that dark and help seperate things.

The second is that I would have used the RomulanFalcon font for the Roman numerals. It is the font that the Bucs use.

superbowlxliii2.jpg

• 2 years later...

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>NO, NO, NO!! </span>

This is asking for problems. We don't need to see the same logo design, done 32 times over, with the only difference being changes in the accent colors to match the "host team".

For one, 80-90% of NFL teams will NEVER host a Super Bowl. We don't need a Super Bowl XLXVI: Green Bay, Wisconsin concept. And if we did need it, we can deduce it - green and gold, with three gray pirate ships across the top. Because pirates are appropriate for Green Bay, right...

For two, each Super Bowl logo is designed to reflect the host city, not the team that plays in that city. And some cities that host games don't have a pro team - Pasadena, Palo Alto, Los Angeles for three, and if Vegas gets a Super Bowl, there's a 4th. So the design breaks down.

For three, it's repetitive and requires minimal creativity. People don't want to see the same idea 32 times. Just like they don't want to see recolorizations - "Wouldn't it be kewl to see what the 76ers looked like in Eagles, Flyers and Phillies colors? Yeah... then we'll do the St. Louis Cardinals in Blues colors." It gets old fast.

For four, bombarding the boards with an individual thread for each variation on a theme knocks other unique concepts off the 1st page. Most people don't go back 5 pages to evaluate and critique every new concept that's posted. You're robbing people who do original, unique work the chance to have their efforts evaluated by their peers.

Was the original idea unique? Sure. How was it? Very average - creative and fitting for a Tampa Super Bowl, but not all that well rendered and very dark. Is it the kind of thing that we need to see 31 more times?

I think the implication was that the logo would be changed to reflect the teams/location.

And this is probably my only chance to see a super bowl logo that refers to my home state... don't take that from me :D

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>NO, NO, NO!! </span>

For one, 80-90% of NFL teams will NEVER host a Super Bowl. We don't need a Super Bowl XLXVI: Green Bay, Wisconsin concept. And if we did need it, we can deduce it - green and gold, with three gray pirate ships across the top. Because pirates are appropriate for Green Bay, right...

Was the original idea unique? Sure. How was it? Very average - creative and fitting for a Tampa Super Bowl, but not all that well rendered and very dark. Is it the kind of thing that we need to see 31 more times? No way.

I think the implication was that the logo would be changed to reflect the teams/location.

And this is probably my only chance to see a super bowl logo that refers to my home state... don't take that from me :D

Hello, I'm new to the boards here so let me first say thanks for having a awesom site here. After I saw the new logo for Super Bowl XLIII I felt let down. There didin't seem to be a punch in the design. I thought I'd give my own crack at it. Using similar colors and elements that were a mandate according to the info on the real logo for next year. All comments are welcome.

SmallSuperBowlXLIII.jpg

Both of them are actually better than the current.

Highly disagree. It's obvious the dude who designed the real logo actually knows a thing or two about design principles, color theory, modern aesthetic and executing graphic concepts.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived