USA World Baseball Classic Jerseys

rmackman

I like the USA and I like the flag (although shouldn't it be on the left sleeve?), but I feel this jersey needs some piping on at least the sleeves like the Royals. It's just boring like this. How about pinstripes? No team in the WBC has pinstripes!

pMLB2-2392481dt.jpg

Canada is a little boring too...

pMLB2-2392423dt.jpg

And one final thought...why does Italy wear blue? Soccer, baseball, whatever they wear blue. However...blue is not in their flag.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

like Australia, Italy has national colours which don't feature on the flags, alot of countries are like that....New Zealand, and arhh ummm...ok bad example.....ok, why do your national colours have to be on your flag? ours is Blue, White and red because of our British past, that and we can't be bothered changing it even though it gets brought up at this time, every year.....

yeh anbd those jerseys could do with a little touch-up, well maybe a redesign

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Canada is a little boring too...

pMLB2-2392423dt.jpg

I actually like the BP one better:

pMLB2-2392760reg.jpg

Looking at the jerseys, Venezuela and Mexico are the only two with piping and it makes a world of difference, imo.

Imagine if the USA took the Atlanta Braves uniforms, put the USA logo that the ice hockey team uses on the chest, add an American Flag on the left sleeve, and bingo...wonderful baseball jersey!

Or take the USA hockey logo, and put it on a Yankees jersey.

Or take the USA hockey logo, and put it on a Red Sox jersey.

Any of those would look great!

In fact, I'd say each country could model their uniforms after a major league team.

USA - Braves

Canada - Reds

Australia - A's

Italy - Royals

Puerto Rico - Phillies

How much better would all of this look?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Where's nike when you need em?

Probably in an underground bunker in Oregon, plotting a way to ruin baseball uniforms. Something like horizontal pinstripes, or baseball-themed polka dots... :mad:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Where's nike when you need em?

Probably in an underground bunker in Oregon, plotting a way to ruin baseball uniforms. Something like horizontal pinstripes, or baseball-themed polka dots... :mad:

don't rule anything out. could happen

The Canada jersey looks like something I could score for $7.99 at Steve & Barry's.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

like Australia, Italy has national colours which don't feature on the flags, alot of countries are like that....New Zealand, and arhh ummm...ok bad example.....ok, why do your national colours have to be on your flag? ours is Blue, White and red because of our British past, that and we can't be bothered changing it even though it gets brought up at this time, every year.....

Also add Japan using a dark blue as opposed to white and red in most international competitions.

Also add Japan using a dark blue as opposed to white and red in most international competitions.

Japan is a fickle country when it comes to what thier national teams wear.

Ive seen thier baseball teams in of course the navy and red, but theyve also used some gold trim on the numbers in the past as well

the hockey team wears red and black

basketball from what i gather wears simple red and white

the soccer kits to me look like theyre some sort of cobalt blue or an almost purplish blue

i also remember seeing thier volleyball team wearing black and yellow

I would prefer a flag shield patch (as some teams wore during WWII http://www.sportslogos.net/Site/logo.php?lo=1991 ) instead of an actual flag on the sleeve. As far as I know, the Flag should only be worn by military service people, police, or firefighters. I know its and exponential degree of nitpicking, but to me its just common flag courtesy.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

I would prefer a flag shield patch (as some teams wore during WWII http://www.sportslogos.net/Site/logo.php?lo=1991 ) instead of an actual flag on the sleeve. As far as I know, the Flag should only be worn by military service people, police, or firefighters. I know its and exponential degree of nitpicking, but to me its just common flag courtesy.

There is precedent for the flag on a baseball jersey. American Legion baseball teams are required to wear the flag on their jerseys in any sanctioned competition, and have for many years. And they have to follow flag display ettiquitte on it too (reverse flag if on the right sleeve).

And several college teams started wearing the flag patch post-9/11. Texas A&M, Baylor, and Nebraska baseball all still do, I think.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived