Flutie Drop Kick Ball

rmered

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...k_scheme_fails/

The guy who caught it thinks it's worth:

- $100 grand

- Season tickets for 25 years &

- A team-signed Brady jersey

Just as well he's a true Patriots fan, otherwise he might try and take the team for a ride.

I hope this guy's kids play with the ball and it rolls down a drain.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Dropkicked or not, it was an PAT in meaningless loss for the Patriots.

The guy is crazy if he thinks he is going to blackmail Bob Kraft. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy mysteriously "disappears" and is ultimatly buried in the foundation of the mall that Kraft wants to build. :D

After reading the list of demands for said football- I have to say that I wouldn't even list all of that for a Super Bowl ball much less a ball from a novelty play.

''1. Payment of ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND ($100,000.00) DOLLARS [lawyer's capitals] on delivery of the football."

''2. A guarantee of eight (8) season tickets for 25 years in the end zone (preferably sections 142 or 143). The season tickets will be paid for annually by my client at the then going price for season tickets. The Patriots would not be expected to pay for the tickets."

''3. Delivery by the Patriots to my client sometime in September, 2006, of a Tom Brady Patriots' football jersey signed by all the team members as of the beginning of the next football season."

What lawyer though this was a good idea? :blink:

How about this; one football signed by Doug Flutie in exchange for said football, deleivered by Mr. Flutie himself. It was a gadget drop kick in a meaningless game, not the game winning kick from a Super Bowl (which by the way STILL wouldn't be worth the ransom asked)

For once I'm on the side of the owner- no piece of sports history is worth extortion. Besides, how's he going to prove to anyone else that it is what he claims it to be?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I would've maybe asked for 2 free season tickets for next year. This guy might as well have asked to have Doug Flutie live with him for a year.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This guy might as well have asked to have Doug Flutie live with him for a year.

That sounds like a great premise for a sitcom. :lol:

Mike Golic could be the football player and Pauly Shore could be the guy. They're TV's original odd couple.

Dude. This guy is a snob. Just ask for a Flutie Autograph and MAYBE, MAYBE a ticket to a game.

Or maybe, better yet, put it up for auction, and give the money you receive to Doug Flutie's autism charity.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

$100,000 is unreasonable.

Eight season tickets are too many.

And a team signed Brady jersey has nothing to do with the event.

Allow him to purchase four season seats (he'd likely only use those four and sell the other four on eBay anyways) and maybe throw in a signed Doug Flutie jersey. That's enough, and if I were the guy I'd take it.

teams-1.png

Yes, Mr. X is a clown, but it should be noted that "The season tickets will be paid for annually by my client at the then going price for season tickets. The Patriots would not be expected to pay for the tickets." Odd that he would NOT ask the Patriots to give them up for free.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Yes, Mr. X is a clown, but it should be noted that "The season tickets will be paid for annually by my client at the then going price for season tickets. The Patriots would not be expected to pay for the tickets." Odd that he would NOT ask the Patriots to give them up for free.

Meh, he's just gone them for 100 large, he doesn't want to screw them over on the season tickets does he?

I would have asked for a letter from Bob Kraft saying thanks for giving it back.

Personally delivered.

Maybe an invite to the Owner's Box one game would be nice.

And 50 grand......And a condo in Hawaii......And a yacht.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

If it were me, I'd make only 3 demands:

1. The Patrios wear their red throwbacks for one game in 2006

2. Sideline passes to that game

3. 2 season tickets for the 2006 season - anywhere. I haven't been to Gillette Stadium for an actual regular season Patriots game.

How about you just give the ball back and see how nice they are to you? You might enjoy not only a game worn jersey and some free tickets to a game, but some inner peace knowing you aren't a scumbag.

Oh well, I guess if so many of the athletes can act this way, why shouldn't the fans when given the opportunity?

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived