Should Super Bowl be rotated

brinkeguthrie

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, why not?

One of the most memorable championship games is the Ice Bowl between when the Packers beat the Cowboys at Lambeau. And if they can play NFC or AFC championship games on frozen fields, why can't they do the same with the Super Bowl?

Oh, wait. That's right. The Super Bowl really isn't about the game. It's about all the other crap that goes on.

I'd be up for a hostile-weather Super Bowl every few years, but don't rotate through the league, just throw in Chicago or the Meadowlands. Buffalo can't host a Super Bowl. It'd have to be a world-class city to compensate for the weather.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Would you really like to listen to fans of the Colts or a team setup like them bitch and moan all off-season that they lost because they had to play the Super Bowl in snow? I'd rather know that the best team wins, not a team setup more to play in the elements.

IUe6Hvh.png

i never understood why the sunbelt states always have a monopoly on the super bowl. it seems like its always in louisiana, florida, georgia, and california. with the rare exceptions of states with domes like minnesota and detroit.

it seems unfair that cities like Denver, Green Bay, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh or Chicago never get to host the super bowl and only sunbelt cities get too.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Detroit and Minnesota currently have indoor stadiums

I wouldn't like being there as much as a game in Florida but I would LOVE seeing

it snow during the Super Bowl

oops, you're right about detroit- i was thinking of the tigers.

minnesota is going to develop an open air stadium, tho, i think.

i was at the -69 windchill game in Cincinnati back in 82. bengals-chargers.

It was like being on the moon.

Nope. not a good idea.

My idea for what to do with the Super Bowl would be the following, beginning with Super Bowl 44, which is already awarded:

Super Bowl 44 - South Florida

Super Bowl 45 - Los Angeles*

Super Bowl 46 - New Orleans**

Super Bowl 47 - Arizona

Super Bowl 48 - Wild Card***

* - San Diego would be in this position if LA does not have a team.

** - Houston would be in this position if the Saints leave New Orleans.

*** - The wild card means that any city not in the set 4 can apply for that year.

What does everyone think of my idea?

Aw, come on ... the Grey Cup is routinely played in Regina or Winnipeg or Edmonton in the dead of November ... that makes it all the more interesting! Seriously, when you've gone through a whole Thermos® full of hot chocolate and vodka by the middle of the second quarter, how can you not be having fun? :D:flagcanada:

Aw, come on ... the Grey Cup is routinely played in Regina or Winnipeg or Edmonton in the dead of November ... that makes it all the more interesting! Seriously, when you've gone through a whole Thermos® full of hot chocolate and vodka by the middle of the second quarter, how can you not be having fun? :D:flagcanada:

well, Canada doesn't have much of a choice on having a warm weather site. Toronto is about as far south as Grey Cup's go in Canada, am I correct?

I'll put it this way-do you want to put the National Media in Green Bay for a week and listen to them whine about the weather and how there is fluffing nothing to do?

I thought so.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Aw, come on ... the Grey Cup is routinely played in Regina or Winnipeg or Edmonton in the dead of November ... that makes it all the more interesting! Seriously, when you've gone through a whole Thermos® full of hot chocolate and vodka by the middle of the second quarter, how can you not be having fun? :D  :flagcanada:

well, Canada doesn't have much of a choice on having a warm weather site. Toronto is about as far south as Grey Cup's go in Canada, am I correct?

I believe there was one Grey Cup game played in Baltimore during the U.S. expansion days, but generally you are correct. Toronto is also an indoor stadium (Rogers Centre), as is Vancouver (B.C. Place). They would probably go indoors to Olympic Stadium if the game were in Montreal as well.

Once the Blue States divorce the Red States and join with Canada to form Canadamerica, every Grey Cup game can be played in Florida or California. Problem solved! Or we could play the game in Windsor, smoke Cuban cigars, enjoy prostitutes legally and drink with teenagers. Either way... :P:flagcanada:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Once the Blue States divorce the Red States and join with Canada to form Canadamerica, every Grey Cup game can be played in Florida or California.  Problem solved!  Or we could play the game in Windsor, smoke Cuban cigars, enjoy prostitutes legally and drink with teenagers.  Either way...  :P  :flagcanada:

Florida is a Red State :D

Oh and if you take our blue states can we have Alberta? :flagusa:

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

No I say its time to bring it north and in the ellements imagina Super Bowl on the Frozen Tundra.

That would be awesome, and the ppl there would imbrace it and the atmosphere would be amazing. But the city's tiny, there's nothing to do not that many hotels. Realistically I cant see it happening but it'd be fun!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

My idea for what to do with the Super Bowl would be the following, beginning with Super Bowl 44, which is already awarded:

Super Bowl 47 - Arizona

*** - The wild card means that any city not in the set 4 can apply for that year.

does anyone have a comment about my idea (quoted above)

Super Bowl 47 - Arizona

does anyone have a comment about my idea (quoted above)

Nice System but I would always have a Super Bowl in NO (Once and if it is rebuilt)

every 5 yrs or so even if they lose the Saints to San Antonio or LA

Would be nice having a Super Bowl in Green Bay, Chicago, NYC, Buffalo, NE

saBS.png

Archived