NBC'S Sunday Night Football coverage

SteelCity77

According to Wikipedia, Al Michaels and John Madden will move to NBC to host the Sunday night game, promptly called, "NBC's Sunday Night Football". Costes, Collingsworth, and Bettis will host a FOUR!!! hour long pregame show titled "Football Night in America."

Should be fun to see what the creative department at NBC creates for graphics.

There was an ad during the Players Championship yesterday, and it will be called "Sunday Night Football" I can't really describe the graphics or the logo itself, because I on;y flipped the channels. But it will be called Sunday Night Football.

I saw, I came, I left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i hope they use the scoring bar that they used for ND football instead of the AFL or NHL

Are YOU kidding me the ND one is lame compared to the AFL/NHL one, i'm guessing that they will use the AFL/NHL one cause its the NFL

• 3 weeks later...

According to wikipedia, Andrea Kramer will be the sideline reporter for NBC. Also, there is no four-hour pregame show. The pregame show starts at 7pm eastern and the game starts at 8:15. The NFL would never go for a pregame show that would interfere and potentially draw viewers away from the late afternoon Sunday games.

i was wondering about this too. What will they do with the theme music because the orginal ESPN music was good. Because the last few years they have wrecked there theme music with the abc sounding theme, to the siren theme, to have ACDC when they do the starting line ups. My favorite theme is NFL on FOX in all sports

moss_moon.gif

The pregame show starts at 7pm eastern and the game starts at 8:15.

What? No more "Wonderful World of Disney?" Damn.

/70's

That's actually ABC.

He's talking about when NBC carried "Disney" back when. That was when the "Heidi Bowl" occurred.

I really like CBS's theme music when it got the AFC in the late 90s. They changed it after a couple of years, for the worse, in my opinion. However, I think CBS's graphics are the least obtrustive of all of the networks, with Fox being by far the worst.

Whatever NBC does, I really hope they don't have another of those absurd bars taking up a tenth of the screen.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

you really have to blame Fox for the scorebar epidemic. First they did it for NASCAR, then they did it for MLB and NFL. Now everyone's doing it (except CBS and ESPN). Like all the regional networks such as YES, NESN, local Fox Sports Nets, Comcast, whatever, they're all using the scorebar. Even NBC has been doing it with their Notre Dame coverage and their NHL coverage. What's wrong with the little score bug in the corner like the one in ESPN? I mean, people aren't blind. Maybe they just want an excuse to have somewhere to put the NFL on FOX logo.

if they come up with a new piece of music, they should have John Tesh do it. the NBA on NBC theme was legendary

LONG LIVE ROUNDBALL ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!.............best theme ever...........now they need to get the NBA back from the fools at ABC, they dont have the play off tripple headers like NBC did :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
What's wrong with the little score bug in the corner like the one in ESPN? I mean, people aren't blind. Maybe they just want an excuse to have somewhere to put the NFL on FOX logo.

The problem lies with the score graphics lies with the change to widescreen HD. A free-floating score bug on CBS and ESPN are about 1/3 of the way across the screen on an HD broadcast, which makes its placement kind of annoying. For a while, CBS had a different graphics generator for their NFL HD broadcasts, which put the score bug in the correct place (in the corner) for HD broadcasts, but for some reason, they stopped using that last year. The score bar allows them to place the graphics at the center of the screen and then depending on if the person is watching in widescreen HD or normal 4:3 standard definition, just fill up the rest of that horizontal space with wasted screen graphics. Personally, I like the free-floating graphic a lot more since it doesn't ruin the whole screen...

if they come up with a new piece of music, they should have John Tesh do it.  the NBA on NBC theme was legendary

LONG LIVE ROUNDBALL ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!.............best theme ever...........now they need to get the NBA back from the fools at ABC, they dont have the play off tripple headers like NBC did :cry:

Yes. The greatest sports theme EVER!

Not changing until the Dallas Stars give all their pre-Dallas history, logos, colors, unis, name, etc. to the Minnesota Wild.

Also, you guys should quit relying on Wikipedia. That site can be edited by anybody. What you guys get from that site I suggest you try and find on another site just to confirm the information is correct.

Not changing until the Dallas Stars give all their pre-Dallas history, logos, colors, unis, name, etc. to the Minnesota Wild.

Archived