NBC'S Sunday Night Football coverage

SteelCity77

As we all know, NBC has the rights to SNF this year and I was wondering whether anyobody had any news on it besides Bettis in the studio? :D:woot: Does anyone know who the instudio hosts are? Haltime shows? Graphics? Logos? Post/Pre-game show? I think this has a lot of potential w/ NBC, I hope they just dont try to get real innovative and do something totally stupid (as you can tell thats what I fear). If they go along thie lines they did with the NHL, it should be great!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the pre-game, halftime, and post game shows are Costas, Collinsworth, and Bettis.

I've heard that they'll hold highlights of the day's games until halftime, making the halftime show means something again - like it used to in the days of Howard Cosell - pre-ESPN. As part of their deal, highlights can't be aired until they've shown their (SNF) game.

It's where I sit.

Costas, Collinsworth and Bettis are the in-studio (or maybe on-site) people for now. Don't be surprised if another is added.

Al Michaels and John Madden are doing play-by-play. No sideline reporter announcement yet, but don't be surprised if you hear Melissa Stark, seeing as how she is now working for NBC.

And it's not being called "Sunday Night Football" -- apparently it's "Football Night in America." Which is a poor choice -- "Hockey Night in Canada" works, but neither "Baseball Night ..." nor "Football Night in America" works. There are those who would tell you that "America" does not refer only to the United States, for one thing.

Packers-2.png

Costas, Collinsworth and Bettis are the in-studio (or maybe on-site) people for now. Don't be surprised if another is added.

Al Michaels and John Madden are doing play-by-play. No sideline reporter announcement yet, but don't be surprised if you hear Melissa Stark, seeing as how she is now working for NBC.

And it's not being called "Sunday Night Football" -- apparently it's "Football Night in America." Which is a poor choice -- "Hockey Night in Canada" works, but neither "Baseball Night ..." nor "Football Night in America" works. There are those who would tell you that "America" does not refer only to the United States, for one thing.

I actually diagree, to me that name gives this show a more "big national event" feel again like in the hayday on MNF. That name makes it sound like whole nation is watching. Like a specatcle or something.......

Well, they could always bring in the Notre Dame announcers...

Or - and I like this idea - have Costas-Collingsworth-Bettis (sounds like a space flight crew) do the second play by play and bring in somebody else to do the pregame.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

who are they gonna have call the second game when its wild card saturday???

Jim Hughson and Greg Millen, of course.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

With a Satellite Hotstove during the second intermis- I mean, halftime? ^_^

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 2 weeks later...

That may not be a bad idea. Hughson was awesome when he did the voice work for the old EA "Triple Play Baseball" series.

That may not be a bad idea. Hughson was awesome when he did the voice work for the old EA "Triple Play Baseball" series.

Doesn't he do the NHL series now? "Selanne..scores a..hat trick..." In that really high pitched annoying voice?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

According to Wikipedia, Al Michaels and John Madden will move to NBC to host the Sunday night game, promptly called, "NBC's Sunday Night Football". Costes, Collingsworth, and Bettis will host a FOUR!!! hour long pregame show titled "Football Night in America."

Should be fun to see what the creative department at NBC creates for graphics.

Archived