Tenn. Titans & KC Chiefs Helmet Concepts

bear69designs

oh my, i just love the Titans one.  Too bad they can't do that for real.

I think it would be feasible if you used a shrinkwrap graphic, like the ones used on commercial vehicles for ads, and on NASCAR racers for special schemes. I think the only catch would be getting the film to wrap properly at a thickness in mils that would protect against the on-field punishment. Reconditioning would be a breeze.

If I can find a secondhand helmet I'm considering hand-painting that design on it, probably painting the flames and using decals for the rest.

Wow I love that Tennessee one! I'm not crazy over the chiefs one but that one is kind of cool too. I'd like to see you do the whole league.

Yeah, I knew the Chiefs would be a tough sell, and in real life I wouldn't change the Chiefs except to go back to the HUGE arrowheads of the AFL days, but I have tried to do something new regardless. I have most of the NFL done, and some others. I'm just freshening them up before I put them out there.

While they're visually impressive and technically well-done, I don't see these as being football helmets. I am all for outside the box, but the NFL's too stodgy for something this radical and busy.

That said, they absolutely would make you a mint if you marketed these toward motorcyclists. I could see these flying off the shelves if available for bikers to show their NFL allegiances (or college, or whatever else you could cook up). Change the facemask to a tinted visor, and you could have something really novel on your hands.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The Titans one is something amazing. The realization is impressive such as the idea. I think it is already available for a NFL team if you only ditch the sword logo and the wordmark on the back. It will be much more clean.

Teams like Bengals and Rams already use something similar, so i think this could works well with the titans too.

Good job!

well done... i could see this type of design working in the AFL where they tend to allow some creativety.

nice job, love the titans...

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

I like these very much! I had an idea to something like this myself but I haven't had the time to do much while rebuilding my home back here in New Orleans. I

also noticed something and correct me if I'm wrong but did you intend to shape

the ear/jaw pad part of the helmet into what look's like to me the tip of a sword?

Especially seeing that the Titans, have this as there logo? If you did then it was

a really nice touch and keep up the good work! :D

...did you intend to shape

the ear/jaw pad part of the helmet into what look's like to me the tip of a sword?

LOL, nope, just a coincidence. Thanks for the compliments.

Just wanted you to know that all you Gulf Coasters are in my thoughts and prayers. The last time I was in NOLA was the day before Ivan's landfall, and I haven't been back since (though I've been to Mobile a couple of times). What happened to y'all down there is just unthinkable. Good luck with everything!

Nice sig, BTW.

While I am usually more on the "old school" side, I really like the titans helmet. Especially the script at the back.

What I dislike is the sword. This helmet does not really need an aditional helmet decal. It has the flames, that is enough.

This helmet can be done, we might see such a design on the field sooner or later. It is just an oversized decal (like the Michigan Panthers or the Birmingham Bolts) or a painted helmet (Bengals).

I only see one problem: The decals would overlap, one flame is too long.

• 2 months later...

Archived