"Ten College Athletics Logos That Have To Go"

leopard88

i agree the billikens are strangely appealing, of course im slightly biased growing up in st.louis.

I have a niece who graduated from St. Louis U. med school (brag, brag, brag). We were all down for her graduation because the next day she got married. Anyway, upon her graduation, I went up to her and said, "OK, Ms. Med School Grad, what is a Billiken?" And she told me (I know anyway). But I was impressed with her. Still am.

And I, too, like the Billiken logo.

SOme of them are funny--but there are spme worse logos not there--

I'm going to draw a line in the sand about this one. (Oh, dear.)

This however is a groaner.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Thanks for the visits. I thought my jokes were at least somewhat funny (the DePaul one especially), but oh well :)

We got the logos from Wikipedia. Some of them are probably not correct. We'd appreciate it if you guys would go onto our site and update the logos to accurately reflect what we claim they are -- we're aiming for accuracy.

And if you want to create your own top 10, bottom 10, or whatever, please do so! ArmchairGM.com is a wiki -- anyone can contribute. Most of you would do a much better job than I did anyway.

Dan

Co-founder, ArmchairGM.com

Very big of you to come here and face your accusers!

All i'd ask for from you is a little more description of what you like/dont like on the logos. You gave your list, and make a cute comment, but just a tiny bit more substance would be great. Not everyone automagically sees what you see as bad about the logo right away.

Fun article.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i'm not sure what a "wiki" is, but i do know how to post a reply to this board - i have a nomination...it's actually my alma mater, uncw - i think this logo

ath3lg5ap.gif

is one of the worst in division 1, especially considering the possibilities with a hawk (or seahawk) - it's relatively creative because it incorporates the number 1 and a wave (unc-wilmington is 5 minutes from the beach), but it's lame - there is no motion, no emotion...it's completely lifeless and it looks SO small-time for a solid d1 athletic program

small colleges ABOUND with horrible logo's , not the least of which is the school that i work for, methodist college, but hopefully that will change sometime soon...there has been discussion about a new logo for over a year, but no action, despite great proposals from many members of this community

here is the horrible methodist college logo in question

bwlogo2501zn.png

jldesigns404eo.png

All i'd ask for from you is a little more description of what you like/dont like on the logos. You gave your list, and make a cute comment, but just a tiny bit more substance would be great. Not everyone automagically sees what you see as bad about the logo right away.

Honestly, if thought I could make a nice quip about them, I added it. That was my criteria.

i'm not sure what a "wiki" is, but i do know how to post a reply to this board - i have a nomination...it's actually my alma mater, uncw - i think this logo

ath3lg5ap.gif

is one of the worst in division 1, especially considering the possibilities with a hawk (or seahawk) - it's relatively creative because it incorporates the number 1 and a wave (unc-wilmington is 5 minutes from the beach), but it's lame - there is no motion, no emotion...it's completely lifeless and it looks SO small-time for a solid d1 athletic program

That looks like the old Merv Griffin logo they would show after Jeopardy. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think Tempest got the job to change that one. At least thats how I think it went. Andrew?

mings - i'm actually on the "committee" that is supposed to choose a designer...problem is, despite my constant nagging, the committee hasn't met - it's a very frustrating thing, since i was given the go-ahead to solicit propsals over a year ago and we still haven't chosen a designer

tempest did get the piedmont job as a result of his propasl to mc...the sid/basketball coach at pc is a former roomie and an mc grad...they got their logo in about 60 days....

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived