New Series

snetsrak43

So I like doing real sports logos and all, but often it is difficult to come up with something original.

So I got this idea. Make sports concepts for popular movies, books, tv shows, maybe even music, both old and new. Take prevelant themes or symbols and incoporate them into a sports-like design. I already have a bunch of ideas from some of my favorite movies and books.

We'll see how popular this goes, I don't know you all may hate the idea, I thought it was clever. If you do like it I may even take ideas from you all.

My first design is coming up.

brianurlacher.png

First up, a book I recently read for an English class: Brave New World

BNW.png

Here I incorporated many themes of the World State. The Name: Brave New World Tech. Technology helps this community fuction as it does. And of course the simple T that as well as representing technology, also stands as a religious symbol for Henry Ford and his model T. I kept the design simple because anything too pretty or design oriented might get them thinking. Of course the Alphas would be the only ones physically capable of such a sport, so their gray color is the dominant color. The colors of the Betas, Gammas, Deltas, and Epsilons are represented in the sleeve and pant stripes. The numbers are allowed for Identity, the No Names give them community, and the simplicity is Stable (Think Chicago Bears- simple is stable here, no chance of some crazy design shaking things up)

brianurlacher.png

The premise you propose has been done before--but that's okay--you're using another outlet to try and be creative,.

I've done some that would fit in this category--and so have others.

SO if you have more--keep them coming.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The premise you propose has been done before--but that's okay--you're using another outlet to try and be creative,.

I've done some that would fit in this category--and so have others.

SO if you have more--keep them coming.

I haven't been here long, less than a month, I think, so I haven't seen anything like it. I have more ideas that I he been running through my head. I'll probably try spreading them out. Thanks for the support.

brianurlacher.png

Absolutely go and post it.

Well if you don't mind, here's my concept for the national hockey team of Oceania, the totalitarian state in George Orwell's 1984. Oceania comprises of North and South America, the Britrish isles, southern Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

RO1984HKYunis.png

Here's a link to the Oceanic flag from the movie:

Flag of Oceania

I did these a long time ago, but here are some I did.

Melmac.png

CharlotteKrunk.png

I can't find the uniforms I did for this'n, but here's the logo I made:

Hulkamaniacs.jpg

I'm actually currently working on this one...I guess this is some sort of a teaser of what's to come. The lines are a bit thick because I scaled it down. They look much better when actual size. I'm playing with the arms, trying to find a look that works.

Chef.png

Well if you don't mind, here's my concept for the national hockey team of Oceania, the totalitarian state in George Orwell's 1984. Oceania comprises of North and South America, the Britrish isles, southern Africa, Australia, and New Zealand.

RO1984HKYunis.png

Flag of Oceania

dude cool concept but that book SUCKED! had to read it for school.

RO1984HKYunis.png

Flag of Oceania

dude cool concept but that book SUCKED! had to read it for school.

Then you have no taste for good literature, which is normal for being 14 I guess. If I had to read 1984 when I was 14, I probablly would have hated it.

Personally I loved it, I've read it three times and I have seen the movie.

dude cool concept but that book SUCKED!  had to read it for school.

Then you have no taste for good literature, which is normal for being 14 I guess. If I had to read 1984 when I was 14, I probablly would have hated it.

Amen to that, 'Cap. Orwell is one of my favorite authors of all time. And as much as I loved 1984, his best novel IMO was Animal Farm, and his essay on politics and the English language could've been written today - even though it's sixty years old.

As for the movie... I was 8 when it came out. And it scared the :censored: out of me. As doubleplusgood a film now as it was then.

NWTT - give the book a chance in a few years, maybe college. Read some of the critical essays about the book. Appreciate the use of language and of irony, and see the points he was making that you may not see now. Expand your mind.

The concept is right on, although I'd expect Ingsoc to have a ton of propaganda on the uniforms - something against Eurasia and/or Eastasia and/or Goldstein, or a "positive" slogan about Ingsoc itself (WAR IS PEACE - FREEDOM IS SLAVERY - IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

dude cool concept but that book SUCKED!  had to read it for school.

Amen to that, 'Cap. Orwell is one of my favorite authors of all time. And as much as I loved 1984, his best novel IMO was Animal Farm, and his essay on politics and the English language could've been written today - even though it's sixty years old.

As for the movie... I was 8 when it came out. And it scared the :censored: out of me. As doubleplusgood a film now as it was then.

NWTT - give the book a chance in a few years, maybe college. Read some of the critical essays about the book. Appreciate the use of language and of irony, and see the points he was making that you may not see now. Expand your mind.

The concept is right on, although I'd expect Ingsoc to have a ton of propaganda on the uniforms - something against Eurasia and/or Eastasia and/or Goldstein, or a "positive" slogan about Ingsoc itself (WAR IS PEACE - FREEDOM IS SLAVERY - IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH).

Animal Farm was brilliant. It was a perfect way to retell the story of the Russian Revolution. 1984 was the perfect compliment to Animal Farm. While Animal Farm was a retelling of a socilaist revolution gone wrong, 1984 went into "what if that society was allowed to continue and evolve?"

As for the concept, the original plan was intended to involve the three solgans of Oceania. It was going to be black, with the Ingsoc coat of arms, with a thick white stripe across the waist and arms. The thick white stripe was going to have "WAR is PEACE" across the front (see LA Kings jerseys), with FREEDOM is SLAVERY across the back. "IGNORANCE is STRENGTH" was going to be put under the collar, ala NFL jerseys as wordmarks. In the end I decided to go with the "V" stripe, as it ties into the Ingsoc logo. I may post my original idea soon though.

*EDIT*

Here was my original idea for the 1984 uniform:

RO1984HKYunis2.png

Archived