Nashville Predators Concepts

steiny_ramone

For these concepts I aimed to create a look for the preds that did not have as many odd angles as their current jerseys, without being too conservative in the striping and going for a vintage look. I think I found a fine spot in the middle of the two. I also tried to incorporate some of the other colours in the scheme. I'm not sure which colour combinations I like best, so I will post all 6 concepts. C+C please

newpreds2.png

newpreds3.png

preds8.png

I like em but the orange ones remind me of the old Houston Astros.

that's two straight concepts of mine that have reminded people of the old astros. I think I should get some kind of prize or something. It's probably never been done before :hockeysmiley:

the first 2 though not bad, the color scheme looks too much like the old islanders fisherman unis. the alternate has too much a florida feel for a team in tennessee.

and the 2nd set has too much of a florida panthers feel to them. the only way i could see these working is if the Florida Panthers packed up their stuff and moved to Nashville and became the Nashville Predators.

i don't know where everyone sees houston astros? i see new york islanders and florida panthers. there again I failed my ink blot test. :wacko:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I like the striping pattern, and that could look sharp for the Preds.

But as was said, that first concept is a near-copy of the Islanders' former color scheme, and people would always associate this concept with the Isles, not the Predators, no matter what crest you put on the front.

The second one looks OK, but if I were the Predators, I wouldn't change silver out for orange. It's a change, but not necessarily a change for the better. And having white player names with two light colored striped running behind the letters renders those letters unreadable. Lettering looks better, and reads better, on a solid color background.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

And having white player names with two light colored striped running behind the letters renders those letters unreadable.  Lettering looks better, and reads better, on a solid color background.

I tried putting the name below the stripes, but IMO the name looked to be too far down on the jersey.

First off, great concepts... that pattern is way way way better that what the Preds have now!!!

The first set remind me of an Islanders concept and the second set would work great with the Panthers or a retro Canucks. You did improve the look either way.

Keep up the good work!!!

NIce!

Defintely better than the sets they wear now.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

NIce!

Defintely better than the sets they wear now.

Just about anything would be better than what they have now.

Anyway--the last set is better than the others--I found the orange too jarring to my eyes.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

These are nice, but could someone please come-up with something to replace that god-awful logo of their's? It's the fact that logos like that and the Pontiac Aztek see the light of the day makes me lose my faith in humanity. :cry:

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

These are nice, but could someone please come-up with something to replace that god-awful logo of their's? It's the fact that logos like that and the Pontiac Aztek see the light of the day makes me lose my faith in humanity. :cry:

actually, the Daihatsu Midget may have the Pontiac Aztek beat.

midget5.jpg

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

last set is definately the best. i like the design a lot. my only suggestions is to maybe try it with their current alt. logo. i've always like that one better. if not, put the navy triangle behind the one on the white like they have now. it would compliment the design on the arms and the shape it creates for the main part of the jersey.

also, i'd like to have the stripes go under the nameplate on the back, between that and the numbers.

Archived