Rockford RiverHawks Unveil New Logo

Brian in Boston

The Rockford RiverHawks - a member of independent minor-league baseball's Frontier League - have unveiled a new logo.

82.jpeg.300.jpeg

The design bears more than a passing resemblance to that of the Idaho Falls Chukars, the Kansas City Royals' Pioneer League affiliate. Note the positioning and design of the wings in both logos. It would appear that the birds' heads are the only part of their bodies that are different.

chukarsr.gif

Meanwhile, here is the RiverHawks' old logo.

RockfordRiverHawks.GIF

The Rockford RiverHawks - a member of independent minor-league baseball's Frontier League - have unveiled a new logo.

82.jpeg.300.jpeg

The design bears more than a passing resemblance to that of the Idaho Falls Chukars, the Kansas City Royals' Pioneer League affiliate. Note the positioning and design of the wings in both logos. It would appear that the birds' heads are the only part of their bodies that are different.

chukarsr.gif

RockfordRiverHawks.GIF

Nice catch.

What's the over/under on the RiverHawks pulling the new logo and coming up with a new one because of a lawsuit?

82.jpeg.300.jpeg

chukarsr.gif

RockfordRiverHawks.GIF

Nice catch.

What's the over/under on the RiverHawks pulling the new logo and coming up with a new one because of a lawsuit?

Over/under is one minute after Brian in Boston's e-mail successfully arrived in Idaho Falls.

And for the record, Dr. Simon does not own the logo; the team does. This is typically the case. But I have been wrong before....like drinking milk yesterday in 87-degree heat.

Milk was a bad choice.

Cards.png

Over/under is one minute after Brian in Boston's e-mail successfully arrived in Idaho Falls.

Well, I've learned that after receiving my e-mail, the Idaho Falls Chukars contacted the licensing department at Minor League Baseball's headquarters in St. Petersburg, Florida. MiLB is taking over from there.

I'd say that right about now Rockford RiverHawks officials are probably wishing they hadn't ordered quite so much merchandise featuring the new logo.

Blackjack 76 is correct: once we are paid for our services, the client owns all rights to the identity. As such, it is in their hands (or the hands of Minor League Baseball's legal department), and it is up to them how or if they wish to pursue the matter.

I see things like this and say "There oughta be a law." Well, actually, there IS a law, and hopefully it will be used to see that the "designer" who opted to take a shortcut and so blatantly rip off the Idaho Falls Chukars identity we worked very hard to develop will get his comeuppance.

I'm not sure how someone rationalizes doing what they did here; perhaps they figured no one would notice. Fortunately, someone DID notice (thanks Brian in Boston -- "nice catch" indeed!).

This is not the first time that this has happened to us, and I'm sure it won't be the last. If and when it does, hopefully one of you guys will be there to out the culprit again!

Daniel Simon

President, Creative Director

Studio Simon

The sad thing is, the river hawks logo is practically dead-on with the Chukars logo. They didn't change a thing, the beak and moved the iris in the eye.

But, it's much different.

It's BLUE!

:therock:

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Can anyone say, "where's my lawer?"

Could be trouble on the horizon for some graphic design company. :blink:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived