NFL On Field Changes for 2006

katz22b

let's go...three pants, non-throwback:

Broncos: white w/orange swoosh (navy jersey only)

white w/navy swoosh trimmed in orange (white, orange jerseys)

navy w/orange swoosh (navy jersey only)

Falcons: already mentioned but I'll go over it:

white w/red stripe, black insert (black, white jerseys)

white w/black stripe, red insert (red jersey)

black w/red stripe, white insert (all jerseys)

Rams: solid gold (both jerseys)

navy with gold/white/thick navy/white/gold stripe (both jerseys)

white with navy/gold/navy stripe (never worn)

Jaguars: white with black/thin gold/teal/thin gold/black stripe (teal, white jerseys)

solid black with jaguar head (all jerseys)

solid teal with jaguar head (never worn)

Browns 04-05: white with brown-white-orange-white-brown stripe (home)

white with brown-orange-brown stripe (away/alt)

orange with brown-white-brown stripe (away/home)

Browns 06: white with orange/brown/orange stripe (main)

solid brown (???)

white with thin orange/brown/orange stripe (throwback?)

Titans: white with navy/carolina/navy stripe (home/away)

navy with carolina/white/carolina stripe (away/alt)

unknown third pant set

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hell. i don't dislike it with the navy jersey, either.

i'm a big fan of columbia blue pants, now.

as long as they don't wear them with the alternate jersey, it's all good in the neighborhood.

It's a stretch, I know, but there's got to be some Oilers fans that followed the team. Maybe that could bring more.

i know for a fact that there's quite a few oiler/titan fans :)

and as one, i'd personally love columbia blue pants.

Yeah, the way I phrased that was wrong. The 'stretch' would be that light blue pants would attract old Oilers fans that hadn't already followed the team to Tennessee, not that it was a stretch that Oilers fans would still be Titans fans.

(I'd follow my teams anywhere they went now -- too much time invested in them -- and merchandise.)

But you never know, maybe the nostalgia of their old team decked out predominately in columbia and red would stir up some old feelings.

It wont bring me back. As much as I loved the Oilers and their columbia blue pants with white road jersey, the Titans wearing that will just remind me of how my team was stolen from me as a child. I will never cheer for the Titans because that will make bud adams happy. I'm allready used to rooting against Vince Young

Three sets of pants is unusual, isn't it?  The Bills and Chargers have three, but that's only because of throwbacks.  They Rams supposedly have white pants, but until they actually wear them, they really only have blue and gold pants.

The Titans with three "regular" pants seems to be a bit much, if not completely collegiate in nature. 

I also don't imagine they'd be anything but baby blue.  How this color got co-opted into professional sports, I'll never know.

The Atlanta Falcons have three pants, too.

Black.

White with red stripe and black thingy at the bottom.

White with black stripe and red thingy at the bottom.

That doesn't count!

somebody mock up a titans away set with red pants.

red is my favorite color, and i'd LOVE to see the titans introduce more red into their uniforms.... but red pants with the titans would look AWFUL... at least it does in my mind.

I don't know Photoshop at ALL...but, I can recolor objects in Illustrator with the best of them (!):

TennesseeTitans_PropUN_SOL.jpg

I haven't gotten any confirmation one way or the other on these new Titans' pants...still don't know what they'll actually be.

Nice work. I think this would be a winner in my book. My favorite combo of the Titans now is the Columbia blue jersey with navy pants. This would be a nice extension of that. Very nice.

my favorite is the white jersey, white helmet, white pants... but they hardly EVER wear that anymore :(

i think it's been at least 2 years since they broke that combo out.

my favorite is the white jersey, white helmet, white pants... but they hardly EVER wear that anymore :(

i think it's been at least 2 years since they broke that combo out.

yep against the Eagles and the Browns in '02

Maybe they should make the helmet columbia blue too, that way the navy jerseys would look even better with the light blue pants.

PANTONE, you wanna try that one?

i think that would be overkill, personally...

if the titans wore that much columbia blue, they'd stop looking like the oilers/titans, and start looking like smurfs.

Archived