NFL On Field Changes for 2006

katz22b

new titans pants?!

my first guess would be something goofy... not sure why... but i'm thiking something silly like different stripe widths or flipping the navy and columbia stripes.

and i don't think anyone is trying to stay away from an oilers appearance, are they? bud didn't even want to change the team name... and he's the one calling the shots.

i don't expect red pants... i'd love to see some columbia blue pants... but then again, i'd love to see navy drop down to a tertiary color, after columbia and red.

pantone, you hear anything about this?

This was all news to me...I'm getting in touch with my "source" and see what's up.

I'll let you know.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Three sets of pants is unusual, isn't it?  The Bills and Chargers have three, but that's only because of throwbacks.  They Rams supposedly have white pants, but until they actually wear them, they really only have blue and gold pants.

The Titans with three "regular" pants seems to be a bit much, if not completely collegiate in nature. 

I also don't imagine they'd be anything but baby blue.  How this color got co-opted into professional sports, I'll never know.

The Atlanta Falcons have three pants, too.

Black.

White with red stripe and black thingy at the bottom.

White with black stripe and red thingy at the bottom.

The new Browns uniform set has three sets of pants as well:

• White, with Orange-Brown-Orange striping
  • All-Brown (no stripes)
  • White - with thinner Orange-Brown-Orange striping

Not sure why they have both of these White pants...doesn't make sense to me.

Oh - and yes, the Rams DO have three sets of pants...you just never see the White ones (with Navy and Gold stripes).

The Atlanta Falcons have three pants, too.

Black.

White with red stripe and black thingy at the bottom.

White with black stripe and red thingy at the bottom.

Huh. I thought about the Falcons but thought their myriad of looks was due to three jerseys. I guess when you have nine different options, it's easy to lose track.

And the white pants are still an official option for the Rams? Crazy, I say. I think they look great with just the gold pants and the blues, to me, are a monstrosity (especially monochrome). Maybe one day we'll actually see the whites in a regular season game.

The Browns with three sets of pants seems to be overkill, especially for a "traditional" look. Maybe one set makes them faster. Weird.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well now that the Titans got the guy the city of Houston wanted (I believe one headline was "Please take Vince"), they could use a set of sky blue pants to help bring back some more Oilers fans that can't be patient with the Texans.

It's a stretch, I know, but there's got to be some Oilers fans that followed the team. Maybe that could bring more.

The new Browns uniform set has three sets of pants as well:
  • White, with Orange-Brown-Orange striping
  • All-Brown (no stripes)
  • White - with thinner Orange-Brown-Orange striping

Not sure why they have both of these White pants...doesn't make sense to me.

I guess the pants with the thinner stripes are to match the possible throwback jersey - the brown one without spaces between the sleeve stripes.

Just a guess.

just went to nfl.com to see what the new viking unis look like and i dont like them there very bland

You do realize that pictures of the new Vikes' uniforms are on this very message board, don't you? You don't need to go to nfl.com.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's a stretch, I know, but there's got to be some Oilers fans that followed the team. Maybe that could bring more.

i know for a fact that there's quite a few oiler/titan fans :)

and as one, i'd personally love columbia blue pants.

and pantone, i appreciate you looking into that for us. as i'm sure we all do :)

I guess the pants with the thinner stripes are to match the possible throwback jersey - the brown one without spaces between the sleeve stripes.

Just a guess.

The new Browns dark jersey has those stripes - no space between the stripes.

I'm not sure what this "throwback" jersey that's been mentioned is supposed to be.

(as is, save the "BROWNS" wordmark under the collar?)

:therock:

i know for a fact that there's quite a few oiler/titan fans :)

and as one, i'd personally love columbia blue pants.

Yeah, the way I phrased that was wrong. The 'stretch' would be that light blue pants would attract old Oilers fans that hadn't already followed the team to Tennessee, not that it was a stretch that Oilers fans would still be Titans fans.

(I'd follow my teams anywhere they went now -- too much time invested in them -- and merchandise.)

But you never know, maybe the nostalgia of their old team decked out predominately in columbia and red would stir up some old feelings.

Just a guess.

The new Browns dark jersey has those stripes - no space between the stripes.

I'm not sure what this "throwback" jersey that's been mentioned is supposed to be.

(as is, save the "BROWNS" wordmark under the collar?)

:therock:

Sorry, I thought that in the photos of their free agent signees the brown jersey still had the spaces - just no "AL" intials. Those must have just been for that press conference/photo op.

I think we had this discussion last November/December, but in those screen captures of the proposed "throwback" jersey the stripes appeared to be larger and possibly woven in Durene like the Steelers' jerseys and no wordmark. If that throwback like that appears, maybe the narrow stripe pants are to match that, and the wider stripes match the jersey with screened-on stripes and the wordmark.

Sorry, I thought that in the photos of their free agent signees the brown jersey still had the spaces - just no "AL" intials. Those must have just been for that press conference/photo op.

I think we had this discussion last November/December, but in those screen captures of the proposed "throwback" jersey the stripes appeared to be larger and possibly woven in Durene like the Steelers' jerseys and no wordmark. If that throwback like that appears, maybe the narrow stripe pants are to match that, and the wider stripes match the jersey with screened-on stripes and the wordmark.

No apologies necessary. Yeah, I've also noticed that most of the photo-ops with jerseys in them are of last-year's versions. I'll post the new stuff as soon as it's "legal"...that way, everybody can see what I'm talking about (darker Gray masks, secondary marks and wordmarks, etc.).

The idea of the Titans in light blue pants really intrigues me. I think it would look great with their white jerseys (and as an added bonus it would eliminate the navy pants-navy socks eyesore). It might make the large chunk of light blue on the shoulders look less out of place.

What frightens me is that they might want to wear them with their navy jerseys. They already are really pushing the limits by wearing their navy pants with their light blue alternate jerseys. The other way around would probably look pretty terrible.

I am praying that the pants aren't silver or red. Those should remain accent colors. Red pants with so little red everywhere else on the uniform would look bizarre.

We have some really talented Photoshoppers on this board. Anyone want to do a mock-up of the Titans in light blue pants?

well, imo, baby blue on the titans is more than acceptable... not really being trendwhorish, when it's been the primary color of your franchise basically since 1960.

what if it's silver pants?

Maybe they bring back"Zubas"!

only in the Arena League cana you find something so mystifying :P

The idea of the Titans in light blue pants really intrigues me. I think it would look great with their white jerseys (and as an added bonus it would eliminate the navy pants-navy socks eyesore). It might make the large chunk of light blue on the shoulders look less out of place.

What frightens me is that they might want to wear them with their navy jerseys. They already are really pushing the limits by wearing their navy pants with their light blue alternate jerseys. The other way around would probably look pretty terrible.

I am praying that the pants aren't silver or red. Those should remain accent colors. Red pants with so little red everywhere else on the uniform would look bizarre.

We have some really talented Photoshoppers on this board. Anyone want to do a mock-up of the Titans in light blue pants?

I'll do it.

Hang on...

I don't know Photoshop at ALL...but, I can recolor objects in Illustrator with the best of them (!):

TennesseeTitans_PropUN_SOL.jpg

I haven't gotten any confirmation one way or the other on these new Titans' pants...still don't know what they'll actually be.

Archived