3rd hand info on Bucks' new colors

adamcz

Red, Green, and Silver. As told to a realgm poster by "somebody who works at the team." If a rumor of this sort doesn't deserve its own thread, please merge with another one. I have no reason to doubt the poster or his source, and the rumor is in line with one of the two or three "obvious" possibilities. It also meshes with GM Larry Harris' comment that it would be a "retro" look. Hopefully retro just means the color choices. If silver is indeed involved, that would indicate that the jerseys won't be pure throwback.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that color scheme looks good exactly 1 month out of the year...

and even then, it doesn't look good. it's just accepted because of how great santa is. :)

I did a recolor in that scheme a couple years ago:

bucks_new.gif

Personally, I'd rather have seen Avenger's green and copper scheme.

Well, at least you and I agree on how one of our teams should look. I hope this green/red stuff is just an unsubstantiated rumor and not reality, because it is going to look like absolute plop.

QPR%20Sig.png

I did a recolor in that scheme a couple years ago:

bucks_new.gif

Personally, I'd rather have seen Avenger's green and copper scheme.

I would sure hope that (no offense!) the Red you used wouldn't be so bright - that looks like 185 C, 485 C or Red 032 C...I would guess that they'd go with a darker color (200 C or 187 C)...

Yeah, looking at it, the red's too bright and the green is too dark. And in my new job, I no longer have Illustrator, so I can't fix it. :cry:

I should have mentioned that I'm not a huge fan of that recolor job. I only posted it because green, red and silver was one of the combinations that we were talking about a couple years ago....

Yeah, looking at it, the red's too bright and the green is too dark. And in my new job, I no longer have Illustrator, so I can't fix it. :cry:

I should have mentioned that I'm not a huge fan of that recolor job. I only posted it because green, red and silver was one of the combinations that we were talking about a couple years ago....

If ya don't mind, I'll take a stab at it...

I would assume that they'd probably come up with a whole new logo - not just a re-color of the old one, but here's mine:

MilwaukeeBucks_PropLogo.jpg

I went with a DARK Red...the darker the better, I think.

the Bucks already have silver (teh silver's been on the Bucks logo and uniforms since Dunleavy stuck us in purple), from the sounds of this the purple is finally getting the boot...which I figure unofficially happened tonight when the Pistons bounced Bango from the playoffs.

heh, if the Bucks had done in games 4 and 5 what they did in game 3 (i.e. keep turnovers to a minimum and keep Detroit away from the charity stripe), the series may well have been 3-2 Bucks instead of 4-1 Pistons.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived