FIFA 2006 for PS2

TBGKon

If you buy your video games because of the gameplay quality, buy this one.

If you buy your video games because of the quality of the owner/franchise mode, buy this one.

In short, buy this game.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I'm caught between picking up FIFA 2006 and Road to the World Cup 2006 for PC. I always love playing international teams in games, but I want something more than that. Decisions, decisions. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm caught between picking up FIFA 2006 and Road to the World Cup 2006 for PC. I always love playing international teams in games, but I want something more than that. Decisions, decisions. :)

I thought the same thing, but I'd rather play as club teams and not international squads

I thought the same thing, but I'd rather play as club teams and not international squads

plus there's International squads in the game, just not as many as road to world cup, I love it too, it's a great game, you can actually feel the moment shift after a big save or a close chance it's really quite exciting been pinned in you own end and then breaking out with all this speed and confiedence and scoring the silencer! I just remember how much i love this game!

untitled-6.jpg

I don't have FIFA 2006, but I did pick up World Cup 2006 last week, and I love it. Being able to run through the qualifiers all the way to the World Cup is cool, plus it has a neat "Global Challenge" mode, which puts current teams into situations from the past, both recent and historic. For example, play as England, down 1-0 against Germany with 30 minutes left in a WC semi, with the goal being to win the game.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yhea man i got this game, it's pretty good like borderline between 7 to 8 outta 10, but the goalies are a bit :censored: and i have a problem with the fact that every skill level like rookie,ect seems pretty much the same so any team can beat any team far to easy it needs to be a challenge more i think.But it does have full lisence and the game plays good and i forget to say but it pisses me off big ime how you cant edit team names and all that :censored: case all my major league soccr teams are :censored:ed up, they all left town and changed name and :censored: anyways am i rambling on like a bitch?

Yhea man i got this game, it's pretty good like borderline between 7 to 8 outta 10, but the goalies are a bit :censored: and i have a problem with the fact that every skill level like rookie,ect seems pretty much the same so any team can beat any team far to easy it needs to be a challenge more i think.But it does have full lisence and the game plays good and i forget to say but it pisses me off big ime how you cant edit team names and all that :censored: case all my major league soccr teams are :censored:ed up, they all left town and changed name and :censored: anyways am i rambling on like a bitch?

that was...uh...a real nice first post on these boards, thanks for the help, I guess.

Aside from the fact that almost every penalty shootout shot goes in -- except for your last one, meaning you always lose 5-4 in penalties -- this game is awesome.

Graphics, menu presentation, skills like man marking and free kicks...all fantastic. FIFA05 was great, and while this year's version is largely unchanged, it's still the best EA game out there.

Oh, and I preferred the commentary of John Motson and Ally McCoist from FIFA05, but I'm getting used to Clive Tyldesley and Andy Gray. Clive just doesn't say "dispossessed" like John did...:D

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Aside from the fact that almost every penalty shootout shot goes in -- except for your last one, meaning you always lose 5-4 in penalties -- this game is awesome.

Graphics, menu presentation, skills like man marking and free kicks...all fantastic. FIFA05 was great, and while this year's version is largely unchanged, it's still the best EA game out there.

Oh, and I preferred the commentary of John Motson and Ally McCoist from FIFA05, but I'm getting used to Clive Tyldesley and Andy Gray. Clive just doesn't say "dispossessed" like John did...:D

I forget who they really are, but if McCoist is the guy who spoke English but sounded like he was speaking another language altogether, then hell yeah, they should've kept him.

But yeah, I'm thinking about getting either FIFA 06 or World Cup 06. Judging by this thread, any game would be a good pick.

join the dark side, man up and buy Winning Eleven 9. doesn't have all the same depth of licenses that FIFA does, but go find a guide online, spend an hour re-naming the teams, and you're on your way.

besides, FIFA gameplay cannot hold a candle to WE on 6-star. It's simply the best soccer game and, arguably, best sports game period. I played probably over 200 hours of FIFA '04 and '05 combined, and when I switched to WE8 I couldn't go back. It's a much better and deeper gameplay experience.

if you want an arcade experience, FIFA might be alright. if you're truly looking for *the best* soccer game, nothing comes close to Winning Eleven.

harperdc.gif

Archived