The NHL Off-season

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hehehe...what'd I say before about him coming BACK to Florida. :P

Keep dreaming bud. We all know that ain't happenin.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Now onto the Thrashers' needs:

1. Defense: The team needs a good mix of defensive-minded bangers and speedy, offensive skaters. The team needs to re-sign their top defenseman from last season in Nic Havelid. Garnett Exelby was steady defensively and is the team's best natural hitter. Steve McCarthy and Greg de Vries were the two best offensive D-men from last year. Andy Sutton isn't top-2 D-man material, but he'll hit you and score some goals; he just needs consistancy. Waddell needs to find a way to get rid of Modry and/or Hnidy. Let's see if Coburn or Kloucek are NHL-ready.

2. Goalie: When he's healthy, Lehtonen is solid and gives the team a chance to win each game, especially when the spotlight is on him. Michael Garnett showed that he is able to handle playing in the NHL, with having back-to-back shutouts against playoff teams New Jersey and Montreal. If either happens to injure a groin (seems like everyone did) or something, the team still has depth at goalie.

3. Forwards: Unless Savard tell his agent he is willing to get a hometown discount to stay, he's probably not going to be in a Thrashers sweater next season. But the Thrashers still have Holik and Jim Slater, will likely re-sign Patrik Stefan, and use either Serge Aubin or Derk MacKenzie for the energy and grinding lines.

These are the players the Thrashers currently have under contract: Kovalchuk, Hossa, Holik, de Vries, Kozlov, Sutton, Modry, Slater, Hnidy, and Exelby; totaling about $28 million after all the quirks of the cap are settled.

Re-sign Havelid.....check.

Getting rid of Modry.....check.

Now let's work on signing Kari before worrying about Savard.....

I'm happy as hell to have Luongo in a Canucks jersey, but I'm not happy that Allen's gone, as I really liked him on our blue line, and I think he'll be missed tremendously.

I liked Auld, and he would've been great as Roberto's backup but seeing him go doesn't make me upset or anything. As for Bert, as any Canucks fan will tell you, his best days in vancouver were behind him and he needed out of here in a big way and he'll probably end up having a career resurgence in Florida since it's not as much a critical hockey market.

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Somebody arch me.

FLA-Bertuzzi44.png

I might as well ask now, what program would you suggest I use to arch the letters? And how?

How long has that red jersey had the panther holding the broken stick? That seems awfully new to me......

And shouldn't he be sitting in the box for playing with said broken stick?

I'm happy as hell to have Luongo in a Canucks jersey, but I'm not happy that Allen's gone, as I really liked him on our blue line, and I think he'll be missed tremendously.

I liked Auld, and he would've been great as Roberto's backup but seeing him go doesn't make me upset or anything. As for Bert, as any Canucks fan will tell you, his best days in vancouver were behind him and he needed out of here in a big way and he'll probably end up having a career resurgence in Florida since it's not as much a critical hockey market.

He'll FINALLY be playing with a real centre in Olli Jokinin! These two will become one volitile line 1/3 though the season. They won't create magic right from the start but they will eventually do so once they learn how to use Bertuzzi's skill and size to result in goals. I have to say this could turn out to be one of the scariest lines in the Eastern confrence just because these two players are so talented.

The 'Nucks don't need Allen now that they have Luongo. He essentially is his own defencemen...if you havn't watched him down in Florida. As long as they can score goals, he'll keep them out of his net.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Bryan Allen is the type of player I could've seen play the rest of his career in Vancouver. He is a solid defenseman, and like Grandmaster C, I'm gonna miss him more than anyone in the trade. He's solid nothing fancy, but added a tough prescence, he'll be missed for sure.

Raycroft-Leafs.gif

Here's a head start.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Chances are he won't get to wear #1. #1 is "honoured" by the Leafs, it was Johnny Bower's number.

The last Leafs goalie I remember wearing #1 was Damian Rhodes, so you're probably right.

As a Leafs fan, I seriously hope Raycroft bounces back. I thought the Leafs would have been better off with Legace or Gerber. We'll soon see.... <_<

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Somebody arch me.

FLA-Bertuzzi44.png

I might as well ask now, what program would you suggest I use to arch the letters?  And how?

How long has that red jersey had the panther holding the broken stick? That seems awfully new to me......

Forever, I think. I don't like it. It's too cheesy.

Somebody arch me.

FLA-Bertuzzi44.png

I might as well ask now, what program would you suggest I use to arch the letters?  And how?

The logo on the Blue and Red jersey were swapped this past season.

Personally (even though it pains me to say it, as a Lightning fan) the Panthers got the best end of the deal. There is no guarantee Luongo will sign with Vancouver and he may even go to another team when free agency begins.

Hehehe...what'd I say before about him coming BACK to Florida.  :P

Keep dreaming bud. We all know that ain't happenin.

When you say Florida, you mean the state in general, the Lightning does need a decent goaltender.

Raycroft-Leafs.gif

Here's a head start.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Chances are he won't get to wear #1. #1 is "honoured" by the Leafs, it was Johnny Bower's number.

Turk Broda ring any bells? He is also honored under #1 if I remember correctly.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived