Other One time Uniforms

gueman

Can you consider the Calgary Flames as part of this? It might have been for a few games, but the red jerseys with black lettering were modified to improve legibility.

Don't they still have black lettering?

It's supposed to match the black logo right?

I have a red flames jersey, no number though, I hate the black numbers on the red jersey, although I might get it customized soon...

The sleeve and back numbers are still black, yes, but the lettering on the nameplate was switched to white after spectators starting complaining that it wasn't legible enough.

80464770_ccd201d51e_o.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up.

didn't the twins have a red alt that they hardly used

I think that was another one that was done away with due to a long stretch of losing while wearing those jerseys. I like the blue one a lot better anyways--it's the one I wear proudly in the place where I live--Japan. :D

sportsbanner-single.jpg

The Texas Longhorns basketball team wore black once against Duke. The lost by like forty points, and the blacks have never been seen again.

I remember catching a bit of that game...man, the Horns didn't look like themselves. Texas without burnt orange is like a red canary, it just aint right.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Winnipeg Jets wore red helmets with their road uniforms for one game in Toronto in the 1995 season. If anyone has pictures...

What were they trying to accomplish with that?

Their helmets were matching their pants. Trying to create an ensemble.

Those shorts make them look like a beer league softball team but at least their socks actually are white unlike today.

and the hockey pants were even worse:

like030.jpg

It is a simple equation

Baseball = Pants

Hockey = Shorts

Ahh the Cooperalls. IIRC the reason they were scrapped by the NHL was because when you fell you slid till Tuseday on the ice.

Also why is it the sport you play on ICE you wear shorts but the sport you play in the SUMMER you wear long pants?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

About the helmet: I have a hockey card that shows the Avs in their first season, wearing white jerseys with black helmets. I don't have a scanner but here are the specs: It's a 1996 Upper Deck card of Tomas Sandstrom while he played for Pittsburgh. On the back of the card is a picture of him playing against the Avs and they are clearly wearing black helmets.

About the helmet: I have a hockey card that shows the Avs in their first season, wearing white jerseys with black helmets. I don't have a scanner but here are the specs: It's a 1996 Upper Deck card of Tomas Sandstrom while he played for Pittsburgh. On the back of the card is a picture of him playing against the Avs and they are clearly wearing black helmets.

The Avs wore black helmets with their home unis up until December of that season.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

The Avs wore black helmets with their home unis up until December of that season.

Weird. It didn't look very good in the picture.

The Winnipeg Jets wore red helmets with their road uniforms for one game in Toronto in the 1995 season. If anyone has pictures...

I watched that game during an overnight school trip... they looked terrible!

I saved the newspaper when I got home but that was 11 years ago so I doubt I will ever find that again.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived