We already thought of blue Nats alts.

NDwas

First, from a purely technical point of view, masterfully done! Excellent visualization.

I generally prefer blue to red for the Nats, just because I prefer blue to red in general. Well, that and two seasons at RFK have taught me to hate Phillies "fans," so I prefer that the Nats not dress like the Phillies.

So I'm surprised to find that I don't much like the blue alts. And the blue-and-red cap is a definite no-go. That's just a Braves cap with a DC on it. Wherever possible, teams should not dress like other teams in their own division.

Probably my ultimate problem is not the color but the alt uniform itself. I find it to be among the lamer alt uniforms in baseball, and I think alt uniforms are generally pretty lame to begin with. But I've gotten used to the red alt, whereas seeing it in blue forces me to assess the design with fresh eyes, and it's just not a very interesting design.

That said, so few teams have non-sucky alts (Brewers, White Sox) that we're probably stuck with a lame design, and as such your middle, all-blue option would make an acceptable road alt. I sure would love to have a blue DC cap.

20082614447.png

What program did you use to do this? It's amazing.

This is all Photoshop CS2. I've never done any sort of photo manipulation before, so it took about six hours to do. My excuse? I'm meticulous. B)

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

This is fantastic!  How did you go about doing that in CS?  I would love to try my hand at it!  Thanks in advance!

I don't think I can explain it step-by-step, but the main thing was using the pen tool. I divided the work into sections - jersey, the DC on the jersey, the number, the hat, the DC on the hat, the brim, the Majestic logo, the sleeve patch, the pants, the socks, the batting glove and wristband, and the piping. The thing here: don't cut - copy. From there, all it involved was a mix of blending options (bevel, color, glow, shadow) depending on the layer and six hours later, I was done!

In this case, it's harder said than done.

* This was my pic, BTW.

I bow to your Snake-Eyes PhotoShop skills, master.

If they are alts to be worn at home, why are the pants gray? Make the numbers the same color scheme as the cap logo - white base, gold bevel, red outline. I also hate two teams in the same divison having the same look, so the Braves style red billed cap must go.

Technically, that's pretty well done. I admire your patience; six hours is a doozy. A recoloring like that (say, this car to this one) takes about three for me, but as you can see, there are many more rough edges.

Aesthetically, I prefer the red. It's a little overloaded, but it better represents America to me (no, I'm not a Republican). The navy seems too understated.

Here's how they would look at home:

njblueredbrim2.jpgnjblueredbrim4.jpgnjblueredbrim3.jpgnjblueredbrim5.jpg

1. Blue brim without numbers.

2. Red brim without numbers.

3. Blue brim with numbers.

4. Red brim with numbers.

#1 gets my vote, but I do think you can make it even better with light colored numbers on front. I'm just not into the red bill cap, its too "Braves" for me, and its also the batting practice cap. I'd like to see the Nats home uni's replace the Red with Blue as well. One question on the colored undershirt - is it Red or Dark Orange? :D

Archived