Buffalo Sabres

Sport

It's nice, but it runs a little too close to looking like their division rivals in Boston - the round logo, the waistline striping, the numbers (both font and outlining scheme), even the colors (navy/gold isn't all that far from black/gold). They could wear a royal blue and not be confused with much of anyone, in or out of their division.

The crossed swords would make a good secondary - nice work. I still hold out hope that the Sabres' redesign would emphasize the team nickname and de-emphasize the fact that the city shares a name with an animal (a motif that's been beaten to death in Buffalo) - maybe even something based on the current shoulder patches, with the swored plunging through the "B".

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like where your heading with this jersey design. I hate that mesh crap, drives me nuts. I like the colours and the overall design, just yeah, listen to what the others are saying i am not gonna repeat.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Tremendous. Put the stripes all the way around (both sleeves and bottom) and it's the best of the plethora of Buffalo concepts I've ever seen.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised when the new uniforms are released. That means no going back to the old logo or old colors. I've yet to see real improvement when teams go to retooling of an old design. Teams need to demonstrate new, graphically strong identities without being off the wall.

For this concept, I think it was well done. But as with all concepts, I always hope for a fresh approach. All too often, I'm disappointed.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived