NHL 2007 preview

josh_cat_eyes

I was surprised when I found some of these hats on shop NHL.com. Anyway lets hear some reactions from some possible future looks.

Washington Capitals:

trusr.jpg

and

tgsuet.jpg

Boston Bruins:

rytsuert.jpg

New Jersey Devils:

dfutru.jpg

I had to modify the size of them so you could see them, and...still no SABRES.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Those appear to be old hats. That Devils logo and thaty Bruins bear are old X-Lines I think. I'm noty sure about the Caps looks like someone went, "Hey, lets put stars on the back!" I don't really thikn these arwe a preview of 06-07.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Yea i am pretty sure those are old hats becuase someone wanted to buy me that Devils hat way back in December. And i think i remember seeing the other ones on the website also. They were a part of a series of just hats with different things done to the logos.

I found them on shop nhl.com so i asumed them to be from now but i have never seen the second caps one before. It is an eagle holding a hockey stick flying.

I also saw a pic of the panthers and it was just the top of it. It didn't have any legs but it was the same one that their main logo is. I couldn't get a pic of it though because it was an advertisment.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

All of these hats are at least four years old. I actually remember seeing someone wearing that first Capitals hat at college once. And I've seen both the "Angry Bear" Boston hat and the Devils D hat for sale around here before too.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If they are so old why have they never been used on a jersey or anything like that? That is kinda odd I think; making some new logos then only using them on some hats.

The teams didn't have them made. Zypher went a head and made the logos more "agressive", just modifiied them, or just made new ones. They did this for NCAA, NHL, and CFL. X Line by Zypher

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Great so the NHL is goign to make their draft hats the same as the NFL? Way to be original.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Great so the NHL is goign to make their draft hats the same as the NFL?  Way to be original.

I dont think we have the NHL to thank for this, my money is its RBKs doing (but I could be wrong). The thing I like about the NHL versions is the colored front pannels. The NFL hats I saw recently were all white, but I could be wrong yet again. As for the draft day hats, I find it interesting there is no Buffalo hat, which only make sense with new logos coming soon, and the Thrashers look to have a lighter blue hat which keys in with the ligh blues at home, but the Caps is still the bronze and blue they have had for the last while. I was under the impression they were going red white and blue next year. I know they are only photoshopped so it doesnt really mean much, but you'd think they wouldnt waste time on something thats going to change, but then again, in photoshop its really only a couple of clicks to update the colors if the logo stays the same. Finally, do RBK have no knowledge of alternate logos? Its a pet peeve of mine when hats only showcase one of a teams logo. There are two sides, why not two different logos? It just seems redundant. Thats all

SEAsig.png

And its on their home jersey, so its used quite a bit.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived