New Bucks logo preview

jiriwelsch

Here's the wordmark that Tazz013 posted yesterday, but took down:

MilwaukeeBucks_WM_2007-9999_SOL.jpg

I've color-corrected this to more accurately reflect what the graphic would look like when printed. I still say the Greens are too close together as far as the shade of Green goes.

Here's a color-corrected version of the secondary logo:

MilwaukeeBucks_SL_2007-9999_SOL.jpg

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?t=225 :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, PANTONE and STL!

Any word on the jerseys? If green is not the main color, I may have to go chain myself to the doors of the Bradley Center in protest.

I never minded the logo...I just was never a fan of the purple. So I'm pleased with the "new" logo. I just hope they are smart with the jerseys. You can make green and red look good...but it's a lot easier to make green and red look stupid. Hopefully, the Bucks know what they're doing.

I don't get it.

What the?

:blink:

Not really much to get... I was just pointing out that the site already had the logos you posted up on the site.

You know... just playin' 'round, having fun, jumping, running, spinning, dancing...

---

Chris Creamer

FYI - Your alternate logo claims to be on a red triangle, but there's no red triangle present in the graphic.

That's what I get for assuming.

I mean that you say the alternate is on a red triangle, but the alternate that you present ISN'T on a red triangle.

I have no knowledge of what's right or wrong, but your description doesn't match your graphic.

Just trying to help.

EDIT - You got it now :D

It's where I sit.

FYI - Your alternate logo claims to be on a red triangle, but there's no red triangle present in the graphic.

That's what I get for assuming.

I mean that you say the alternate is on a red triangle, but the alternate that you present ISN'T on a red triangle.

I have no knowledge of what's right or wrong, but your description doesn't match your graphic.

Just trying to help.

EDIT - You got it now :D

Yeah I assumed the alt graphic had the red triangle on it as well, so that's why i said it... all fixed up!

---

Chris Creamer

Let me get this straight, after all the hub bub about new uniforms/logo all they're going to do is recolor the boring logo they used to have?? That sucks. I like the fact they're switching colors but whats the point if they're not going to update the logo (not counting the new style lettering).

Let me get this straight, after all the hub bub about new uniforms/logo all they're going to do is recolor the boring logo they used to have?? That sucks. I like the fact they're switching colors but whats the point if they're not going to update the logo (not counting the new style lettering).

There will be new uniforms as well. Wait until you see them to complain about the lack of change.

I really enjoy that the new lighting effects on the antlers clearly show the two "lead" tines coming forward and not behind the rest of the spikes. EDIT** In terms of the alt.

I get anal about that stuff...animal accuracy, anatomy etc.

It's one of the elements I tried to convey in my concept...but took to a complicated level.

However, that is in stark contrast to how the antlers are handled on the primary....which is very inconsistent.

Slapshot RE: More bevels. HA! :D

I don't want to come down TOO hard on this because it is.......better.

But getting punched in the face twice is better than getting punched in the face three times. So better is relative.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I agree that this is all getting anal, but yeah - secondary logos and partial logos are NOT the same thing.

Anyway, here are the new Bucks colors as well:

MilwaukeeBucks_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

...and, a color-corrected version of the primary logo:

MilwaukeeBucks_PL_2007-9999_SOL.jpg

Note that the Red is actually a dark, almost Brick-like shade. Actually, it's identical to Miami Heat Red.

OH. And RE: the wordmark.

I see Pantone's concerns and raise him some more.

This color scheme (at least as far as we've been privvy to) has the exact same problems the purple primary one did.

The dk green, middle green and red do not suffice as a dark, middle and light color scheme to establish contrast.

From any further away it will all be mud. Just like the Rockies nameplates.

How do they NOT see that in two years of beta testing?

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived