2010 South Africa World Cup Logo

FreeKobe

Kinda surprised no one has posted on this yet from earlier this morning.

Logo_SA2010.jpg

Honestly I prefer Germany's over S. Africa's. But I guess this one fits in line with the other form fitting tournament logos FIFA has been doing lately. Like the '07 Canada U-20 Championships.

I guess this will have to do

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

Was there any logo explanation included?

I love it when they say things like, "The blue represents Africa's many abundant rivers. The green represents the fertility of the continent. The upsweeping lines represent the ascendancy of soccer and liberation from tyranny. The soccer ball obviously represents soccer."

Everyone loves a roundel.

I personalyl prefer tihs logo to the German one. At least the connections to the place where it's organized are clear. Behing the player you can see the shape of Africa with South African colours. I think it was a good idea.

Was there any logo explanation included?

I love it when they say things like, "The blue represents Africa's many abundant rivers. The green represents the fertility of the continent. The upsweeping lines represent the ascendancy of soccer and liberation from tyranny. The soccer ball obviously represents soccer."

Describing the logo that will characterise the South African tournament in four years time, (South African President) Mbeki said: "That figure is drawn from rock paintings in the country ? rich with depth in our history and longevity. It is very colourful, it shows movement and activity and I think it reflects very much the mood on the continent about what we need to do about ourselves".

Well... it could have been better. Then again, it could certainly have been much worse.

You've got the continent in there, just in case someone was to become confused as to where exactly South Africa was located. :P There's the stylized hint of the South African flag overlaying the continent and providing the trailing motion lines for the ball's path. As President Mbeki explained, the player is rendered in such a way as to give a nod to the rock paintings that represent indigenous culture. About the only portion of the logo that doesn't seem very well integrated is the World Cup mark that was introduced in 2002. It's just sort of jammed into the logo's upper right-hand corner.

All in all, the very definition of an all-inclusive sports logo by committee.

They should have used the World Cup mark as the ball that the player is kicking. It would have fit in better.

Curses! Beat me to it! That would have made it a lot better imo. However, I'm not too upset with the general design, as it kinda fits in with the old European designs, especially the 1934 World Cup held in Italy.

FIFAWC1934_5iakfpe3hfmv1i9ehabw.gif

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

heres the 2007 World Youth Championship Logo, and the 2007 Womens World Cup logo

U20canada2007.pngfww07.gif

Fifa should honestly be ashamed of themselves for the WWC logo, because that is an absolute travesty. And I still cant get over the fact that it must have taken them less than a week to create the next world cup's logo :cry:

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

They should have used the World Cup mark as the ball that the player is kicking.

Perhaps the World Cup mark is a ball that the player is kicking... a second ball. Maybe, that's how FIFA is going to address Sepp Blatter's concerns about scoring being down in the 2006 World Cup.

Henceforth, World Cup matches will be played with two balls. :P

They should have used the World Cup mark as the ball that the player is kicking.

Perhaps the World Cup mark is a ball that the player is kicking... a second ball. Maybe, that's how FIFA is going to address Sepp Blatter's concerns about scoring being down in the 2006 World Cup.

Henceforth, World Cup matches will be played with two balls. :P

.... no, no, that World Cup logo actually represents an Italian diving....

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived