Autographing a baseball

TBGKon

If you have an authentic MLB ball, use a black or blue ballpoint pen. It won't bleed on the good cowhide used. For any other type of ball, all bets are off, although a Sharpie is a good choice.

It's where I sit.

And what kind of paint will be used to cover all the baseball after of its autographing?

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Sharpe

Sterling or Shannon?

Anyway, ballpoint pen is the way to go for baseballs. Sharpies bleed and in the long run, it looks like crap.

Even footballs and basketballs get silver or gold paint pens. Sharpies are only good for smooth surfaces such as cards, photos, etc.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

If I ever have to write on a baseball I use a ballpoint pen. I don't use a sharpie, because I hold my writing utensil awkwardly and it smears all over my hand and ball. But then again, that's because I'm a southpaw. A sharpie might work for you but ballpoint pens are best IMO.

Be sure you get a BALL POINT and not a ROLLER BALL.

The ball point should be able to lay, open, on a cloth and not bleed. A roller ball will make a stain the size fo a baseball in 3 minutes.

Sharpie is terrible on baseballs, ok on football, ok on basketballs, the finer tipped ones are good on golf balls.

For Basketballs, soccer balls and footballs, get a paint marker.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived