More logo changes in Buffalo

eSabre

yeah, he definitely looks like a bull that pulled up lame with a broken left-front leg.

Let's call him Barbaro.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, he definitely looks like a bull that pulled up lame with a broken left-front leg.

Let's call him Barbaro.

At least Barbaro has won something..... unlike the UB football team.....

I saw, I came, I left.

Hey, hey. Our basketball team has done exceptionally well the last few years under the tutelage of coach witherspoon. We were within a victory of going to the NCAA tourny and this year lost in the semis of the MAC tourny.

That front leg reminds me of watching a sex scene and trying to figure out whose leg is whose jutting out from under the covers.

I'm still marvelling in cockeyed amazement at that bull's ball-in-socket elbow joint. I want one!

LOGO: Serious upgrade from the oily Bodybuilder Bull head they were using. He needs a towel.

HELMET: Serious downgrade. The "UB" monogram is unique, since there aren't many "UB" schools out there. No states beginning with B, and no other major city has a "UB" (Boston, Baltimore, Birmingham). But as was said, it's predictable, and not that far removed from Kentucky - especially with similar colors. Plus, I loved the horns. Once you figured out what they were, they were really cool.

And the Sabres have had trouble coming up with a good logo because they keep resorting to the gimmick of overrelying on the city name for a bases instead of using the team's nickname. WiB's avatar has the perfect Sabres' logo - a pair of crossed swords. (I won't belabor the point about UB being the Bulls, as it's already been pointed out.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The "UB" monogram is unique, since there aren't many "UB" schools out there. No states beginning with B, and no other major city has a "UB" (Boston, Baltimore, Birmingham).

For the record, there IS a Univ. of Baltimore, which is commonly known as UB in these parts. However, the school discontinued its intercollegiate athletics program some time in the early '80s (IIRC). Given that, there isn't much likelihood of confusion.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Love the new Bulls mascot (UB is my alma mater). I agree the interlocking UB looks like UK but Buffalo has been blue and white since forever ago so they really didn't rip off Kentucky. They do have a history of using the UB on the helmet.

The Bull makes me thirsty since he resembles the Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull!!

this is crazy. I am a student at the University and I usually go on the site and check up on things and this is where I found it ?!!??!?!

our football team is straight thrash. I know a bunch of players that smoked marijuana with me...lol

[sarcasm] Combine this with naming Joe Hesketh as the UB pitching coach, and UB athletics is going places!  Maybe I should have paid the $50 for a season ticket as an alumnus...[/sarcasm]

My Uncle is good friends with Hesketh. They went to HS together, they play golf together alot.

On the logo I like it better than the old one. But I really don't like the broken leg.

I also like the helmet better than the horn one. Yeah, it was unique but I just didn't like it.

Now what logo do you think they should put at center court on the Alumni Arena floor. I think and hope the interlocking UB not the whole new bull.

saBS.png

Kentucky's Helmet: Rid5AFS-Kentucky_th.jpg

Buffalo's new Helmet: manuel-logoPC260718-37.jpg

Kentucky's uniforms: kentucky_wildcats_andre_woodson.jpg

Buffalo's new uniforms: logoPC260718-57.jpg

LOL, nice! that's gotta be embarassing... being THAT close. Yikes, even the same white line surrounding the letters on the helmet logo.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

this is crazy. I am a student at the University and I usually go on the site and check up on things and this is where I found it ?!!??!?!

our football team is straight thrash. I know a bunch of players that smoked marijuana with me...lol

I'm sure players in USC, Miami, Florida St., etc... party just as much as anyone. Don't kid yourself. UB players mirror every other D-1 team except maybe Army, Navy & Air Force.

Archived