NHL Uniform Project

IceCap

I love most all of these. Except the Capitals. I don't think that logo/template works with the red/blue that you want to do with it. I'd suggest a more traditional striped template.

Other than that, awesome work. I really like the NJ third jersey, and agree with your Maple Leafs assessment.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only 2 jerseys that I felt were a downgrade were the Blue Jackets and the Predators, and Columbus's I can live with. The Mustard's template is made to be all one color (MUSTARD!!!). The home blue is the best of the 2, but the white looks too patch-work-ish, like it's a quilt or something. There's no rhyme or reason tothe color schyme at all. Plus the gold just doesn't look right with the white.

IceCap I cleaned Up your Carolina Third so the logo looked less white dotty (dunno what to call it :P) And if you want me to take it off I will do.

NHLunisCHv2.png

And I think you should have went with the Jackets Third Jersey Template - That logo looks out of place on that jersey template.

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

capitals - the new modded version is, well frankly, perfection. :notworthy:

Blackhawks - i like what you got going on here. something i wouldn't mind seeing the hawks doing is going with a cream colored white jersey. i was at a local hamburger joint, and somebody was wearing a custom made black hawks jersey that was like the white road jersey but instead of being white it was cream colored which looked pretty cool.

Blue Jackets - just going with the alternate jersey logos is an upgrade over what they have now. i don't care for the "CBJ" logo they have now, however i do like the alternate logos. i liked how you went with the alternate logos instead of the current primary logos.

Redwings - i really like the alternate. if they ever went to an alternate, they should go down this road.

Preds - hmm, not sure if im feeling this one. i like the use of the alternate template for the primary uniform.

Blues - i kinda imagined the blues would have gone this route when they changed to their current uniforms. what they have now is good, but this would make a nice alternate.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

IceCap I cleaned Up your Carolina Third so the logo looked less white dotty (dunno what to call it :P) And if you want me to take it off I will do.

Very nice, thanks :grin: Please, keep it up.

Northwest Division

Calgary Flames

NHLunisCFv2.png

Colorado Avalanche

NHLunisCAv2.png

Edmonton Oilers

NHLunisEOv2.png

Minnesota Wild

NHLunisMWv2.png

Vancouver Canucks

NHLunisVCv2.png

Flames-Baically I standardized all the diffrences between the road white and home red. I also used the white "C" instead of the black "C". I also added a yellow alt. IMO if any team should have a yellow alt, it should be the Flames. I used the black "C" for the yellow alt, IMO it actually works here.

Avalanch-The only two things I like about the current Avs unis are the colours and fonts. The uniform template is the same one the national team of Austria used before the swift jerseys. I thought the triangles under the yoke made a nice allusion to mountains. The logo is an original creation of mine. It's based off of an avalanch warning sign, and the c in the centre is a nod to the old Colorado Rockies logo.

Oilers-Basically I went back to the layout the Oilers had when they originally

switched to the current scheme with the navy shoulder yoke on the white sweaters. I also switched the logos. The very good roughneck logo is now the primary, with the very 70's "OILERS" logo moving to the shoulders.

Wild-Currently they have the best all around uniform set in the NHL, hands down. I didn't change one thing, but added it non the less for the sake of completness (is that a word?).

Canucks-The logo is not mine. I'm not sure who originaly created the logo, but letterform did help work on it.

The uniform itself is a tweaked version of the uniforms they wore during the 80's with the V's on the shoulders.

I'm not feeling the yellow Flames alts.

But I do prefer the white "C" to the black one.

The black one is hard to see on TV and in person.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Woah! What did I miss while I was gone??

First off, great project once again, Icecap. When you start a project, you really know how to keep it interesting and fresh. Tones of great ideas and always quick to get out the concepts.

Well, I geuss I won't go through every team since I'm late to the party, but I will say that the Canucks jersey's are looking mighty fine. Love the colour scheme, something different and original for sure. I quite like white on the bottom for the home set.

I'm not crazy about having the Johnny Canuck logo as the crest, but it has tones of history (first Canucks logo back when they were in the Pacific Coast Hockey League.)

Calgary - my biggest issue with the calgary flames uniforms they wear now is the black 'c'. i'm glad you corrected that. the alts i'm a little iffy on.

Avalanche - not feeling this set. i like what they have now.

Oilers - switch the logos and you have perfection. ^_^

Wild - no commentary needed.

Canucks - i think we found the logo that best fits the Canucks. not a rink, not a skate, not a corporate logo but this logo. i really like this concept.

post number 666 :devil:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Like a lot of the stuff you've done: Pens is really cool, Leafs is awesome, and the Flyers is good too. Youve made a point of not screwing with most of the classic unis and returning to uniforms that should be which I really like.

There's a few that are just wrong though. The Flames should never ever wear yellow and the Bruins should go back to either the Neely or Orr era uniforms - that bear swipe template has to go.

The Canucks logo is mine - sort of. I added the ring and did a heavier outline around johnny. I'd love to see a modernization with the same basic shape and less detail. It would take me forever to do that though.....Someone from this board who is talented should really take a stab at it.

Here's the logo in full.

jclogo1.png

and a home uni based on their 70's digs

jcrd.png

DEATH TO REEBOK

They all look great! However, I have one C&C and one note of interest.

C&C: I like the Sabres look. However, I think you need to remove the gold from the sabre balde and make the hilt gold.

Note of interest: The Columbus Blue Jacket's falg is not the US flag, but the Ohio State Flag.

bloodshot.png

The Canucks logo is mine - sort of. I added the ring and did a heavier outline around johnny.

All right, edited the Northwest page to give you credit.

Pacific Division

Anahiem Ducks

NHLunisADv2.png

Dallas Stars

NHLunisDSv2.png

Los Angeles Kings

NHLunisLAKv2.png

Phoenix Coyotes

NHLunisPCv2.png

San Jose Sharks

NHLunisSJSv2.png

Ducks-I keept the new logo. It might be a little dull, but it's deffently better then the Disney logo. I also keept the new colour scheme of black, gold, and orange. I did add green, however, and I promoted orange to the primary colour. Green is used as the secondary colour, with the black used as the striping colour, with gold used as the trim.

I would have liked to use the new Ducks' number font, but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Stars-I went to a modified template they used during their last year in Minnesota, and their first years in Dallas. I'm not a fan of the current Stars template, it's just a rip-off of an old all-star template. I also switched the logos, using the Texas logo as the alt, with the "STARS" logo as the alt. I have a few reasons for this. First of all, I just think it looks better. Secondly I wanted to avoide simularities between the Stars logo and the Ducks logo. So I replaced the Stars wordmark logo with a more mark-like logo.

Kings-This one gave me the most problems. In the end I decided to go with the current template with the crown logo used as the primary mark. I did replace the current font, which I hate, with the font used during the Gretzky era. I also added a unique touch, ditching the shield alt logo, and placing the sleave numbers within the shoulder yoke. I always liked that idea, and I would like to see more of it.

Coyotes-The current home and roads are almost perfect, so I only made the few changes to make them perfect. I used the wishborn collar on both sweaters, and I added the Arizona alt, currently only on the right shoulder, to the left shoulder as well.

I really like the alt I came up with. I used black as the primary colour, with red and tan striping. The Arizona logo is used as the primary logo. The numbers and name are in tan, not white, leaving this swater voide of all white except for the tags.

Sharks-I used the current Islanders alt template here. IMO this template fits the Sharks logo much more then the current one does. I also brought the shark fin logo back to the shoulders.

Ducks - interesting concept, i probably could grow to like it. seems a bit dallas starsish though.

Stars - the alternate logo i'm not sure is strong enough to hold as a primary.

I do like the gold alt.

Kings - liking this set. ^_^

Coyotes - if they do make an alternate, i imagine they probably will go down this road.

Sharks - the isles alternate works perfectly for the sharks. i miss the fin alt logo. the sharks really should bring it back.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Very nice, thanks :grin: Please, keep it up.

Northwest Division

Calgary Flames

NHLunisCFv2.png

Colorado Avalanche

NHLunisCAv2.png

Edmonton Oilers

NHLunisEOv2.png

Minnesota Wild

NHLunisMWv2.png

Vancouver Canucks

NHLunisVCv2.png

Flames-Baically I standardized all the diffrences between the road white and home red. I also used the white "C" instead of the black "C". I also added a yellow alt. IMO if any team should have a yellow alt, it should be the Flames. I used the black "C" for the yellow alt, IMO it actually works here.

Avalanch-The only two things I like about the current Avs unis are the colours and fonts. The uniform template is the same one the national team of Austria used before the swift jerseys. I thought the triangles under the yoke made a nice allusion to mountains. The logo is an original creation of mine. It's based off of an avalanch warning sign, and the c in the centre is a nod to the old Colorado Rockies logo.

Oilers-Basically I went back to the layout the Oilers had when they originally

switched to the current scheme with the navy shoulder yoke on the white sweaters. I also switched the logos. The very good roughneck logo is now the primary, with the very 70's "OILERS" logo moving to the shoulders.

Wild-Currently they have the best all around uniform set in the NHL, hands down. I didn't change one thing, but added it non the less for the sake of completness (is that a word?).

Canucks-The logo is not mine. I'm not sure who originaly created the logo, but letterform did help work on it.

The uniform itself is a tweaked version of the uniforms they wore during the 80's with the V's on the shoulders.

wow. the canucks logo and jersey- AMAZING! the logo needs to be clearer but love the colors and the jersey style.

Archived