Most Memorable Sports Plays Of All Time

fonz

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Into the endzone, walking, standing up, can you say 'Denver is in the lead?'"

7971491White_Dragon83200670646PM.jpg

Terrell could have been driving a UPS truck and gotten into the end zone untouched....

Well Green Bay lket Denver score they figured they had a few downs to try and would have scored anyway so they gambled they could tie it, and they lost.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well Green Bay lket Denver score they figured they had a few downs to try and would have scored anyway so they gambled they could tie it, and they lost.

Holmgren didn't coach to win. Even if Green Bay scores a touchdown, they're tied and heading for OT and a coin flip determines their fate.

Hold Denver to a FG, and let the reigning MVP lead your offense down the field....

I agree never let anyone take a lead what if theres a poke of the ball a fumble a bad snap a good defensive stand maybe an INT. You allow a TD its 7 points and you are fighting up hill.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Woody Hayes was once asked why he went for 2 against the school up north when they were up by so many. His answer? The Buckeyes couldn't go for 3.

Ohio State beats that blue team up north, 1968

Very next year, rookie coach Bo Shembechler leads Michigan to a 24-12 win over undefeated Ohio State...

football.jpg

...which eventually, way down the line, led to the John Cooper era. Remember him? 2-10-1.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I agree never let anyone take a lead what if theres a poke of the ball a fumble a bad snap a good defensive stand maybe an INT. You allow a TD its 7 points and you are fighting up hill.

Green Bay was out of timeouts. Denver could have (and probably should have) kneeled a couple times to take the clock down inside 10 seconds and kicked a 20 yard field goal to win it. That way the NFL MVP doesn't even get a chance.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Green Bay was out of timeouts. Denver could have (and probably should have) kneeled a couple times to take the clock down inside 10 seconds and kicked a 20 yard field goal to win it. That way the NFL MVP doesn't even get a chance.

Actually Green Bay still had two timeouts at that point. So by that logic, it wouldn't work as it was 2nd & Goal at that point. The best option was for Denver to put it into the endzone as soon as they could and put it in the hands of the defense, which worked.

Actually Green Bay still had two timeouts at that point. So by that logic, it wouldn't work as it was 2nd & Goal at that point. The best option was for Denver to put it into the endzone as soon as they could and put it in the hands of the defense, which worked.

Either way, you make Denver earn the FG or TD. You don't allow a TD willingly, knowing that if you do score yourself, the best you could do is tie them (assuming Green Bay doesn't attempt a 2-point conversion).

Either way, you make Denver earn the FG or TD. You don't allow a TD willingly, knowing that if you do score yourself, the best you could do is tie them (assuming Green Bay doesn't attempt a 2-point conversion).

Yea, I know that. I was talking about Denver making the right descision. They couldn't have sat on it because Green Bay had two timeouts and Denver had three downs to score.

Personally I think Green Bay (if they did actually allow TD to run in) made a bad descision, and well, we all know how that turned out. Even though I don't think they would have been able to stop Davis anyway.

All of those are great, but I think one of the greatest sports moments I've ever seen was "The Shot" by Jordan against the Cleveland Cavaliers in 1990. The call by the radio personality was what made it even more famous...

"Jordan at the buzzer... YES!!! BULLS WIN, BULLS WIN"

8990G5EastSemiClevelandEhloShot.jpg

jordan_050427.jpg

Archived