Bucks going with two tone floor as well

Krona

on their website:

Bucks court news

work on the practice floor:

Hoops fans have seen the newest Bucks color scheme, so for now, picture in your mind the green, red and silver mixture splashed on the court. One update that is new, and in vogue with courts of late, is a two-tone look.

"We use riding sanders that strip right down to the bare maple," Koller says. "We'll use a stain to get darker shades of maple outside the three point arc, and keep the white maple color on the inside of the three point line."

leading to the bradley center:

What's in store for the Bucks new floor? I was privy to a sneak preview, but you'll have to wait for the unveiling by the Bucks in the coming weeks. The practice surface will mirror the Bradley Center floor, which doesn't get its new look until Koller and company finish the practice court first.

"We make sure all the kinks are worked out here, that everybody's happy, then we'll move on to the Bradley Center," explained Koller. "This is like our practice for the big floor."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love that floor. If they're gonna do this tired two-tone stain fad, that's the way to do it.

Yes, it would be a subtle and appropriate nod to the past, something that's severely lacking in Milwaukee sports identities lately.

QPR%20Sig.png

I love that floor. If they're gonna do this tired two-tone stain fad, that's the way to do it.

Yes, it would be a subtle and appropriate nod to the past, something that's severely lacking in Milwaukee sports identities lately.

Was that being sarcastic? Becasue the Brewers kinda use a retro jersey as their alternate.

Was that being sarcastic? Becasue the Brewers kinda use a retro jersey as their alternate.

And it's nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

Save the slugalo.

Isn't everything?

buffalo_sig.png

Isn't everything?

Agreed

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Isn't everything?

Stylizing the BC's floor to look like that of the Mecca "would be a subtle and appropriate nod to the past"; what the Brewers are doing is just a marketing gimmick, and not "a subtle and appropriate nod to the past".

Save the slugalo.

buckcourt.jpg

This would be ideal, though they'll probably just make it light on the court, even lighter inside the arc, and not paint the sidelines.

Change the free throw lane to red, get rid of the paint in the top half of the circle at the top of the key and in the two smaller lanes adjacent to the free throw lane, and it's absolute perfection.

QPR%20Sig.png

buckcourt.jpg

This would be ideal, though they'll probably just make it light on the court, even lighter inside the arc, and not paint the sidelines.

Change the free throw lane to red, get rid of the paint in the top half of the circle at the top of the key and in the two smaller lanes adjacent to the free throw lane, and it's absolute perfection.

It just wouldn't have the pop of the old court. What made the old court great wasn't just the design, but the colors and the center court logo etc.

They should do something completely new and exciting and nix the past

Can I just ask a question here? What is it you all don't like about the two-tone wood floor? Personally, I think it's pretty sharp, but maybe there's some OTHER thing we could have that I'm not thinking of, that would make it better. Seems to me your choices are...

One-tone stain (fine, traditional)

paint (*barf*)

or two-tone stain (kind of unique, in a "a few teams are doing this now" kind of way)

Right?

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived