Bucks going with two tone floor as well

Krona

Well relative with college attendances, I would expect to see the Bucks have higher attendance rates. I didn't look into the actual figures, I just find that people here are more proud to be a Marquette fan. Plus the fact that they have been developing good players and getting winning records, I see the Golden Eagles developing in ways that the Bucks are not.

I didn't mean anything by it in terms of attendance (and certainly not by TV ratings), but I still think there is more than the actual crowds they draw. And I don't know what facts I could provide for that, sorry, it was more opinionated.

Using your logic, one could say that UWM is a "higher draw" than the Bucks too. Heck, a winning high school basketball team would also be a "higher draw" than the Bucks if we used your definition.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, not exactly, especially with the high school teams, because no one outside of a certain region follows a high school team. With colleges and pro teams, it is certainly different.

And still I don't know a whole lot of people who follow UWM.

Well, not exactly, especially with the high school teams, because no one outside of a certain region follows a high school team. With colleges and pro teams, it is certainly different.

And still I don't know a whole lot of people who follow UWM.

We're out there, and I'd be willing to bet that there are more UWM alums in the Milwaukee area than there are Marquette alums. It's just that most of the older generation has stuck with following Marquette (before UWM became D-1 and Marquette was THE collegiate program of Milwaukee) and most of the younger generation has latched onto UWM.

QPR%20Sig.png

We're out there, and I'd be willing to bet that there are more UWM alums in the Milwaukee area than there are Marquette alums.  It's just that most of the older generation has stuck with following Marquette (before UWM became D-1 and Marquette was THE collegiate program of Milwaukee) and most of the younger generation has latched onto UWM.

I agree. I think we will see UWM supplant Marquette as the most popular Milwaukee area college basketball team in the next 5-10 years, even if they are "only" a mid-major.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Back to the floor...

I like the two tone stain look. But, I liked it when it was unique. When Seattle inroduced that look... it looked really sharp with the new logo package as well. I don't mind Phoenix either. In some odd way, it's like the court with the lack of paint resembles the sand of the desert.

Too see other teams doing it, cheapens the look in to a fad rather than a cool unique idea. To make the idea unique for the Bucks, make the stain pattern match the old MECCA pattern. Meaning the "<>" or back to back "M". However you would describe it.

Well, obviously retro is "IN". Therefore the lack of paint on the NBA courts is simply "retro".

And they're still screwing with the logos.

Original Primary

New Primary

Original Partial

New Partial

Original wordmark

Second wordmark

Third wordmark*

The look a lot better now. Just about everything that has been noted has been fixed. I just hope the fixed logos are the ones that will be used for the floor and uniforms.

* Light green (and thus the bevel) is removed from the new version with the large E and S

Save the slugalo.

kdmeccaprevgv5.jpg

Court Patch for NBA Live 2004.

Did you make this patch yourself? It's awesome...

The only thing that needs fixing is the border around the court. There was a border of blue in front of a border of green and "MILWAUKEE" on the baselines. Otherwise, that's pretty much exact.

Hey, it's a mb glove / Whalers H / fed ex arrow moment!

I never saw the M's before.

How did the court look when there was a 3 pt line? Or was this look gone by the 80's? I honestly don't remember the two tone look, I probably never saw them before they dropped the red and went to the multiple greens...

Hey, it's a mb glove / Whalers H / fed ex arrow moment!

I never saw the M's before.

How did the court look when there was a 3 pt line? Or was this look gone by the 80's? I honestly don't remember the two tone look, I probably never saw them before they dropped the red and went to the multiple greens...

Holy Sh.. they are M's!!! :wacko:

sign me up as the last one to realize that.

Yeah that old Mecca court is a thing of beauty! I only saw it about 2 times in person, but I was too young to grasp how cool it was.

As far as the NEW Bucks floor goes, IT'S DONE!!! All the errors have been fixed. The wordmarks on the baselines look GREAT, and under the arena/sports lights it looks very striking. The red and green surely compliment each other well.

I think once you guys see it in person, on a Bucks telecast, or on SportsCenter you will like it a lot.

packchampionslfroh.png

Archived