My IBL application team

Lumbergh

I wanted something that looked classic, sort of like the celtics' circular look, and also something modern, so I created this. It's a shooting basketball, like a cannon ball or bomb in the 1700's. And it flies behind independence hall in Philadelphia. CC please:

colonials2.png

colonialcourt3.png

-edited-

I like it overall, but the one big thing I don't like is the stars behind the shooting basketball. Reminds me too much of those disgusting Sixers jerseys from the Barkley-era.

Not a fan of the name, for the same reason I dislike my alma mater's nickname: Philadelphia, like George Washington, is most famous for its role in causing Americans not to be a colonial people anymore. The Philadelphia Continentals? Independents? Sure. But Colonials? Ugh. Might as well run up the Union Jack and stop the game for tea time, what what. Jolly good and all that.

That aside, I love the unis, even though you've got a Nationals red-and-blue-but-never-the-twain-shall-meet vibe going on.

Also, the bottom of the Independence Hall standalone logo is completely wrong. It looks like you've taken the cupola from Independence Hall, slapped it on a pizza box, and then photographed the whole thing from below.

In the same vein of insane visual nitpicking, what is the significance of the crescent moon on the ball in the logo? Is the player's left armpit a light source? You're using the ball as a blazing comet -- because nothing says "Colonial" like a blazing comet -- and yet the ball itself seems not to be a light source, but rather a dark object lit by some unseen bright light from below. This despite the fact that you've put what appears to be a blazing trail of fire behind the ball, implying that the ball should be emitting light, and things that emit light pretty much don't have shadows or reflective highlights. It is, like the standalone Independence-Hall-on-a-pizza-box logo, very odd.

The whole logo has some forest/trees issues. It looks great on first glance or seen fleetingly or at a distance. But the closer you examine any element of the logo in detail, the more it just completely doesn't make sense. Is this a good idea badly executed, or a good execution of an inadequate design idea? I can't say, but the logo's inexplicably strange details make me believe one of the two to be the case.

But darnit, those are some fine looking basketball uniforms, and I say that as someone who generally speaking hates basketball uniforms.

20082614447.png

You do realize that there is already a Philly franchise in the IBL fantasy league?

actually, BigBrain dropped out of the league at the end last year, so there really isn't a team in Philly

You do realize that there is already a Philly franchise in the IBL fantasy league?

actually, BigBrain dropped out of the league at the end last year, so there really isn't a team in Philly

oh ok, must have missed that.

okay, i decided to change the name, darkened the blue, changed the script, added secondary and tertiary, and took out the shadow from the ball. Also added copper and tan into the secondary colors, and changed the yellow shade. So, here is the updated look:

federals.png

federalscourt.png

I'm sorry, but I don't like shooting basketball. When I see it I see a shooting star or comet, not cannon fire. It just feels very out of place.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Okay, a little update. I was going over the logos, and started to realize it didn't work like many of you said. So, i decided to clean slate, but keep some of the same elements. I changed the name again, and finally feel this is a good package. I love the colors, maroon, blue, orange, cream. And i think it works a lot better than the independence hall look. So, here is the final version, that hopes to take the court in 06-07 in the IBL:

hotshots.png

shotscourt.png

I like this one the best.

On your other two the basketball looked awkward with the Red, white, and blue. I looks better with orange in the colors.

BTW I like the new template.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

the 3rd one is the best i have to say the colors really gell....milton....I was wondering if I could use your court template and where I can find the template used on both teams....I would have to clean it up so I could use it in ms paint though..but who cares it would have to me raster. Thanks..great job..

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Archived