Toronto Maple Leafs home sweater

VitaminD

OK then.

I've been sitting on this one for almost 8 weeks. As a means of full disclosure, my concept is based on a Leafs sweater that was done on here by rcb05 and posted in mid-June 2006 (rcb's concept can be found HERE.). I PM'd him with my C&C but never heard back from him, nor did I see any revisions to it by him.

My gripes with the concept were:

1. The maple leaf design inadvertantly creates a "bib effect" - the body of the sweater is one color, while the sleeves are drastically different. Given that the Leafs' colors are principally blue and white, this means the Leafs could be at home in blue sweaters but be wearing a lot of white (like their opponents), and face the opposite problem on the road.

2. The outline of the leaf isn't wide enough for all player names. "SUNDIN" fits inside the leaf, but "PONIKAROVSKY" never would.

Time has passed, and I haven't seen or heard anything about it. Rather than reviving his thread and threadjacking it, I wanted to post my revisions to the previous concept, done with MSPaint (as usual... trying to prove that MSPaint is not an excuse for :censored: sloppy work - it CAN be done! :hockeysmiley:). I thought it was a brilliant start - I like the Dallas Stars' sweaters for a similar design concept - but wanted to make some changes. The road sweater would be the same motif as this home sweater, just exchange the white and blue.

C & C appreciated as always.

torleafs.png

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It's very interesting but two of it's principal elements are the things that I wish the Leafs didn't have. Silver, and the TML logo. If you must have the TML logo then I would suggest the white version. It would show up better. I would also move the number closer to the name. And finally, this is a Sundin jersey! Where's the "C"? :P

agreed w/ the points for creativity but one problem I see if this jersey was actually made is that normally arms arnt held out to the side all the time, so the maple leaf would be way less distinguishable.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Points for creativity. Not to diss your design but i hope the leafs do adopt that so i can laugh harder at them when they get shelled 9-0 by the sens or something, while in that jersey.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I think its just a copy of the dallas jersey, they use the star in their jersey design if you look closely. So for me the originality is gone but the creativity is there and it is creative. the TML logo is good for a patch, never for a crest.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I think its just a copy of the dallas jersey, they use the star in their jersey design if you look closely. So for me the originality is gone but the creativity is there and it is creative. the TML logo is good for a patch, never for a crest.

Dude, it's a maple leaf...clearly not a star.

I like the originality of it a lot. It may be a bit outlandish for the Leafs, but regardless, it's very slick. Although I agree with those who say the TML should solely be used for a shoulder patch, I get that you don't really have much of a choice here. If you put the maple leaf, it'll look redundant with the maple leaf. Not your fault there, just playing the hand you're dealt.

After looking at the set as a whole, it seems like the silver/gray needs to be repeated in the socks. Since it's in the jersey, it seems odd that it's not in the socks.

Nice work overall.

Archived