Eagles jerseys from Invincible

timparry

I was just starting to follow football in 1976, but even when I see old Eagles footage, I haven't seen the "Philadelphia 76" logo on their jerseys. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

BTW, I know they shot footage at Franklin Field, but I think that's RFK Stadium that was digitally placed in the background...

http://imdb.com/gallery/ss/0445990/Ss/0445...ath_key=0445990

Vince Papali played in the World Football League before he played for the Eagles. If they left that out of the movie, and they most likely did, then it will drive me crazy. Also field turf is not that same as astroturf. Friday night lights made the same mistake. How hard would it be to roll out the old carpet and shoot on that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Vince Papali played in the World Football League before he played for the Eagles. If they left that out of the movie, and they most likely did, then it will drive me crazy. Also field turf is not that same as astroturf. Friday night lights made the same mistake. How hard would it be to roll out the old carpet and shoot on that.

It costs between $350,000 to $500,000 to lay down the field. Plus since the new turf is actually safer, it doesn't bug me as much. Of course they can always CGI it and make it look like the old style astroturf

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Those jerseys are so much better than what the eagles wear now.

I say the eagles should get inspired from this movie!

I think the Egales best look is what they have now, I like the Eagle head on the sleeve.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Vince Papali played in the World Football League before he played for the Eagles.

In reading the Sports Guy's review and by seeing the previews it looks like they did. Instead they have the Eagles holding open tryouts instead of him being invited to try out after playing in the WFL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/060811

It wouldn't be a Disney based on a true story sports movie without a major important inaccuracy.

I was just starting to follow football in 1976, but even when I see old Eagles footage, I haven't seen the "Philadelphia 76" logo on their jerseys. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

OK, I ask the question again.... I like the off-topic answers (and I'm not trying to be sarcastic about that), but how about that jersey patch? :P

Vince Papali played in the World Football League before he played for the Eagles.

In reading the Sports Guy's review and by seeing the previews it looks like they did. Instead they have the Eagles holding open tryouts instead of him being invited to try out after playing in the WFL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/060811

It wouldn't be a Disney based on a true story sports movie without a major important inaccuracy.

"And if that wasn't unrealistic enough, they have the gall to make her an extremely attractive, naturally blonde Giants fan?"

Quote. Of. The. Year.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

OK, I ask the question again.... I like the off-topic answers (and I'm not trying to be sarcastic about that), but how about that jersey patch? :P

I can't offer up any photographic evidence, yet, but they did wear the "76" patch.

I think all Philly teams wore that patch I have seen picture of it on a Phillies Jersey

Thanks guys,

We had a very close family friend (so close we'd call him "Uncle Jim") who worked as a talent scout for the Eaglen then, but unfortunately he passed away 11 years ago. So, for obvious reasons, I cannot ask him. I was hoping to see a throwback kind of guy with a butch-waxed flattop at the tryout, but since the tryout was for movie purposes, I doubt it will happen.

I do remember having one of those green hats with a pom pom though. We got some cool Eagles gear over the years, but unfortunately it was all handed down to nephews, or given to Goodwill :bonk:

(no game jerseys, but shirts, sweatshirts, hats...)

It costs between $350,000 to $500,000 to lay down the field. Plus since the new turf is actually safer, it doesn't bug me as much. Of course they can always CGI it and make it look like the old style astroturf

You don't need a whole field of turf. All they would need is maybe half a field or less. Just keep moving it for every play. It doesn't matter which turf is safer, to me it matters which turf is accurate. It takes me out of the film to see them playing on a surface that isn't going to be invented for another 25 years.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think all Philly teams wore that patch I have seen picture of it on a Phillies Jersey

I was reading the 2006 Temple football media guide and they had a picture of a uniform that stuck out to me from the same era. On the side panel of the jersey, from arm pit to waste, it looked like they had about 10 patches of the Liberty Bell that could have been the same patch seen here. Temple, for such a crappy program now, had some great uniform sets in the 70s.

fade.gif

I dont know if this is definetley the patch, but on this photo, a patch of 76 liberty bell is clearly visible by his left arm.

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/invinc...ble_wall800.jpg

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

I'm detecting dazzle nylon in those shoulder stripes. That ain't accurate. Of course, no one outside of this board will care, but still...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived